Author Topic: Dark Ride Plans  (Read 6728 times)

pokket

Re: Dark Ride Plans
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2014, 10:20:41 PM »
My main idea for a dark ride is one based on the legend of the Bell Witch of Adams, Tennessee.

Darkness

• I love rollercoasters!
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 02:44:08 PM »
I definitely want to try to make an exact replica of the Haunted Mansion ride at Disney World.

Don Giro

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 04:55:07 AM »
I hope everyone can bear with me, as I tend to get a little carried away on forum posts, and this is my very first TPS post. Feel free to delete my post or tell me to STFU at any time :) .

My dark ride "plans" (I use quotes here because I have a good imagination but lack the talent to bring anything to fruition) are very similar to Whitelion43's, but I plan to use my own characters.

As a lad many, many years ago, I used to invent my own superheroes (as so many of us did) and create my own crappy comics.  I have lists and old drawings of heroes I created (my favorites being Olympic Girl, The Element, and a young heroine named Flower).  I have rides in mind for all of them, but I have been concentrating on ideas about Flower.  She's a cross between Batman and Poison Ivy, I guess (though I had never heard of P.I. back then).  She can control plant life, and drives around in a car called the FlowerPod.  I don't remember her origin story at all, except that she's from a very rich family who made their fortune in the perfume industry, her secret identity is Violet Marigold, and she lives in "Crescent City."

So, I had this idea for an entire Flower "experience" where the queue starts in a Botanical Garden before reaching the entrance to "Stately Marigold Mansion."  HDTV monitors would "entertain" guests on line with info about the Marigold family and their contributions to society.  The queue would wind through a few hallways of the mansion, allowing views into the dining room and ballroom. 

As guests proceed through to catch a glimpse of teenage Violet's messy bedroom, her flatscreen TV monitor would interrupt "regular programming" with a breaking news story about Flower's nemesis Mademoiselle Revolution being sprung from prison by her army of minions (shades of storming the Bastille), and is heading toward Crescent City leaving destruction in her wake.  Then, one last screen would have Violet's long-suffering nanny freaking out and screaming "Flower needs your help!  Take the FlowerPod and meet her in City Square!" and ordering guests into the "secret elevator" in the Study that descends into The Grotto (yep, Flower's "Batcave").

The "elevator" doesn't even really need to be an elevator, just a holding room that opens into the actual ride station, where guests are ushered into "FlowerPods" and the 3D ride begins, as the pod navigates the track where the whole battle between Flower and MR plays out on projector screens. 

Will I be able to bring this idea to fruition?  Probably not in a million years.  But it IS a good idea...I think.  As a closing comment, I just rememebered that one of her other enemies was called Whatsherface...

Thanks for reading...I can't WAIT to see what you folks can do with this software!

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 07:41:37 AM »
^ That sounds intriguing, I hope that you can do it as I 'd love to see it.
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

Parkman

• Kickstarter Club Member
  • TPS Addict!
    • Theme Park Hub
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2014, 02:09:09 PM »
Wow you have an amazing imagination! I would love to see this idea come to life... or digital I should say. I think TPS should offer some way for this to happen (even if it does require a lot of modelling). I would love to see this ride and how the battle between Flower and Mademoiselle Revolution turns out.
WHAT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR... TPS!!!

Homepark: Canada's Wonderland (Ontario, Canada)
Steam Username: Parkman_98

slickdude

• Kickstarter Club Member
  • Theme Park Studios Supporter
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2014, 12:55:40 PM »
I hope everyone can bear with me, as I tend to get a little carried away on forum posts, and this is my very first TPS post. Feel free to delete my post or tell me to STFU at any time :) .

My dark ride "plans" (I use quotes here because I have a good imagination but lack the talent to bring anything to fruition) are very similar to Whitelion43's, but I plan to use my own characters.

As a lad many, many years ago, I used to invent my own superheroes (as so many of us did) and create my own crappy comics.  I have lists and old drawings of heroes I created (my favorites being Olympic Girl, The Element, and a young heroine named Flower).  I have rides in mind for all of them, but I have been concentrating on ideas about Flower.  She's a cross between Batman and Poison Ivy, I guess (though I had never heard of P.I. back then).  She can control plant life, and drives around in a car called the FlowerPod.  I don't remember her origin story at all, except that she's from a very rich family who made their fortune in the perfume industry, her secret identity is Violet Marigold, and she lives in "Crescent City."

So, I had this idea for an entire Flower "experience" where the queue starts in a Botanical Garden before reaching the entrance to "Stately Marigold Mansion."  HDTV monitors would "entertain" guests on line with info about the Marigold family and their contributions to society.  The queue would wind through a few hallways of the mansion, allowing views into the dining room and ballroom. 

As guests proceed through to catch a glimpse of teenage Violet's messy bedroom, her flatscreen TV monitor would interrupt "regular programming" with a breaking news story about Flower's nemesis Mademoiselle Revolution being sprung from prison by her army of minions (shades of storming the Bastille), and is heading toward Crescent City leaving destruction in her wake.  Then, one last screen would have Violet's long-suffering nanny freaking out and screaming "Flower needs your help!  Take the FlowerPod and meet her in City Square!" and ordering guests into the "secret elevator" in the Study that descends into The Grotto (yep, Flower's "Batcave").

The "elevator" doesn't even really need to be an elevator, just a holding room that opens into the actual ride station, where guests are ushered into "FlowerPods" and the 3D ride begins, as the pod navigates the track where the whole battle between Flower and MR plays out on projector screens. 

Will I be able to bring this idea to fruition?  Probably not in a million years.  But it IS a good idea...I think.  As a closing comment, I just rememebered that one of her other enemies was called Whatsherface...

Thanks for reading...I can't WAIT to see what you folks can do with this software!

Well actually you might have the right idea here, because commercialized superheroes are the copyright as well as trademarked properties of giant corporations like for example Marvel. So by using their characters you risk legalities even if the community does it for non profit. By offering the community new characters you remove any legal issues from the table and who knows... the big studios might beat a retreat to your doors. Good luck!
Theme Park Studios - The Best Ride In On The Globe

King_Of_EPCOT

My Dark Ride Plans
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2014, 10:21:50 PM »
im doing this conceptual redeisgn of EPCOT. id love to be able to build some of these attractions  ;) Although some things use entirely new show techniques... i would still love to be able to build New Horizons, WOL, and others :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 10:26:25 PM by King_Of_EPCOT »

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.326 seconds with 22 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip