Author Topic: Dark Ride Plans  (Read 6649 times)

Parkman

• Kickstarter Club Member
  • TPS Addict!
    • Theme Park Hub
Dark Ride Plans
« on: January 08, 2014, 03:11:40 PM »
I'm surprised no one has talked too much about dark rides yet. This is one of the features that I am most excited for and would love to see take place. This thread is to post your plans on dark rides you want to make in TPS.

One ride that I have tried out in RCT3 and will be incorporated into my upcoming OneWorld park when the game releases is FORBIDDEN FLIGHT. The ride takes place in a large circular building. The queue will resemble a museum showing Brazilian artefacts and artwork (mainly of birds). A pre-show may be included depending on what is available in game. The station will look like a wooden hut. Riders will then board a suspended swinging coaster car designed like a tropical bird/macaw (remember the RCT3 cars).

The ride then proceeds to a large room filled made to look like a jungle complete with trees, rocks, and lots of bird and jungle animatronics. The ride starts as a dark ride along the ground before reaching a lift hill that starts a coaster part inside the building (including several turns and swoops). The ride will then reach another lift hill that will take it outside where there will be a bigger drop and bigger swoops and stuff. The ride will then return inside with some finale swoops and the break run. The exit will lead to a gift shop and Rainforest Cafe.

I have many more ideas to come soon, can't wait to hear yours!
WHAT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR... TPS!!!

Homepark: Canada's Wonderland (Ontario, Canada)
Steam Username: Parkman_98

Plokoon111

• Darkride Master
Re: Dark Ride Plans
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 07:09:12 PM »
I'm super excited on the ability to make compact layouts, and making the best use of space within darkrides, that I've always tried my best with in rct3, but so many constraints. However the true darkness aspect to the lighting will be cool if it is indeed done correctly!
-Kyle

JKPACE

• Proud Supporter of TPS Proud $100 Backer
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 07:42:54 PM »
^^^ Very excited as well!!
You Won't Be Seeing Me Once I Get This Game

Jewls1993

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 07:33:28 AM »
So mine is a space theme, this is just a rough idea, where you enter a tunnel as if you were about to go into a rocket, you enter the "test vehicle", you leave the station, you can hear audio like "Prepare for lift off... Preparing for lift off, launch pad engaged" or something like that, the track then tilts/drops backwardsso the car and track is facing vertically upwards, after a countdown, the car then launches vertically upwards, crests the hill will hopefully lots of airtimes, then performs some barrel rolls, before slowing down, then slowly orbits planets and other satellites, you can hear audio such as "first test complete" then something like "Let's do some stress tests on this thing", then the track twists and turns in an intense layout, until the test goes wrong, then there is a verticle drop into a brake run to simulate re-entry, obviously in the end the emergency landing goes fine and everyones thankful that you helped to test the vehicle with them.

Parkman

• TPS Addict!
    • Theme Park Hub
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 03:49:08 PM »
^
You... but... I...

I had the exact same idea for years! The vehicle was themed like a rocket with 5 seats in each. The whole idea was a simulator on a coaster track. The ride started out with the ride entering a near-vertical launch that crested into lots of air time. The track would slow down somewhat while remaining at a fairly good speed. The on-ride screen would show some planets. There would be heat effects while going close to stars and cold effects when you were far away. There was even a part where the vehicle would spin on the track. The climax (very similar to what you said) involved a vertical drop for re-entry that pulled up at the last moment before coming to a halt at a space station on "Planet X". The building after the exit consisted of an arcade, food, and shopping.

I guess great ideas are shared by many. It's cool to see that we thought very much alike!
WHAT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR... TPS!!!

Homepark: Canada's Wonderland (Ontario, Canada)
Steam Username: Parkman_98

aelk2004

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 07:24:06 AM »
I'm super excited on the ability to make compact layouts, and making the best use of space within darkrides, that I've always tried my best with in rct3, but so many constraints. However the true darkness aspect to the lighting will be cool if it is indeed done correctly!

I agree. Being able to put show-scenes next to the track is very common, and necessary for smaller foot prints.

Also, lighting-effect usually are part of the story telling on dark-rides.

Again, as you said "if it is indeed done correctly".
ttfn... Alan

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 08:22:51 AM »
I plan on using the old fashioned tactic of a haunted castle type dark ride where things suddenly light up or appear in front of you while riding in a car on a central track using this car if possible:

« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 08:32:34 AM by abletudu »
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

Mr. Roller77

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 12:37:26 PM »
I'm going to make a dark ride similar to the one that was at my favorite park of all time, Crystal Beach Park in Ontario, Canada, which closed in 1989. Called "LAFF IN THE DARK" it was not a scary ride at all, just pure fun! All of these silly things would pop out at you, and there was also a skeleton playing the piano! I don't know if I'll be ale to do that in TPS, but we'll see what I can come up with!

Coasterix

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 05:18:50 AM »
I want to do an IP themed ride, but I would probably have to install mods first to get the object I need. I want to basically make an MLP themed ride where it's basically a compilation of the scenes from the show. I call dips on this one first bronies : D

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 09:41:23 AM »
What is an IP themed ride?
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

Coasterix

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 11:38:15 AM »
A ride made under a license or is made from a third party company

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 12:29:18 PM »
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ok.

puppyjonathan

• I'm stuck in the OSTR
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 01:48:28 PM »
I have some ideas, but I'll have to see the park first
Big Disney Parks Fan!

whitelion43

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 02:29:36 PM »
  I would have a themed Superman:The Escaped launched coaster  you enter the Daily Planet building and enter the que. During this portion of the pre show you learn that Superman is fighting Doomsday and the fight is headed this way and need to evacuate the building now! the que  heads towards the elevators down to the Subway where you board the coaster. After a short curve you join the main subway line and the coaster is launched. after a High speed banked  turn guests see that the fight has caused the subway rails to curve up at this point the coaster enters a 400ft tall show building that on the outside is themed to a skyscraper.  3d projectors come on and superman catches the coaster as it reaches near the top of the coaster/subway rails. after a brief fight Supermans lets you go bck to the Subway station. at near the bottom, you see Superman  give a knock out punch to Doomsday and  Doomday is knocked out of sight just as you reach the bottom
Oh good, My dog found the Chain lift controls

Althegamefreak

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2014, 01:36:39 PM »
I want to make some rides based on some video game franchises, mainly stuff from Nintendo. I have this idea for an Earthbound type ride and one for the Animal Crossing Series.

There is one classic I would love to recreate in TPS, Knott's Bear-y Tales. This whimsical and absurd (Earthworm Jim type humor) ride that was made by Disney Imagineer, Rolly Crump. I may as well throw in a recreation of Mystic Manor up there as well.

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.271 seconds with 21 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip