Author Topic: Project Hollywood Studios  (Read 5086 times)

Coastin' Dave

• Kickstarter Club Member
  • Phil 4:13, John 3:16 and Rom 1:18-25
    • www.realtycoon3.com
Project Hollywood Studios
« on: November 23, 2013, 07:09:48 PM »
I am no doubt going to re-start my project Hollywood Studios. Those of you who came from SGW or have kept up with my YouTube channel may be familiar with it. It didn't work out so well in RCT3. So finally. here comes a game it can be possible in - TPS! I am going to re-create Disney World's Hollywood Studios in TPS and I'd like the TPS community to help out!  ;D
I am calling anyone with modeling skills to join the project today! We can at least start modeling so when TPS comes out, we can simply build the park. I won't make the RNRC limo train yet until TPS comes out because I'm going to use the in-game classic corkscrew as a base model. However, buildings, props, and even ride vehicles such as Tower of Terror, The Back Lot Tour or even Star Tours can be made now. NO need to spare polys and if anyone wants a crash test dummy to position in sketchup to help scale stuff properly, PM me, I found a dummy on the sketchup warehouse and I can tell you how much to scale them by in order for them to be realistically sized (they're a bit too tall). If you're interested in joining the project team, just post here that you'd like to join! From novice to expert, anyone can help out! If you have any models in progress for this park or are starting some now, feel free to post here! And welcome to Project Studios!  ;D

Best Theme Park: Walt Disney World
Best Ride: Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

coaster-inc

Re: Project Hollywood Studios
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 07:56:25 AM »
this sounds a cool project, ill certainly help where i can

Parkman

• TPS Addict!
    • Theme Park Hub
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 11:07:44 AM »
Great park Hollywood Studios is... I don't have any modeling skills at this moment, but I'd love to keep up to date on what you do.
WHAT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR... TPS!!!

Homepark: Canada's Wonderland (Ontario, Canada)
Steam Username: Parkman_98

Coastin' Dave

• www.realtycoon3.com
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 04:41:26 PM »
Great park Hollywood Studios is... I don't have any modeling skills at this moment, but I'd love to keep up to date on what you do.
Well there's plenty of time to learn to model! And if not, we need people to make textures, help create park audio, build the rides, (Except the RNRC track, I will oversee that personally.  ;) ) and design the park in TPS. Again, from novice to expert, anyone can help out!  ;D

Coastergeek987

• I'm a K'nex addict.
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 06:24:36 PM »
I'd love to help, I can't assure you that everything will be perfect since I have no modeling experience but I can try!
ThemeParkStudio Moderator
My YouTube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/CoasterGeek987?

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 05:43:24 AM »
I would love to help, but seeing as how I have never been there and have very little artistic talent, the most I can offer would be the researching of photos, videos,  etc.
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

Coastin' Dave

• www.realtycoon3.com
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 07:23:08 AM »
Doesn't matter if it's researching, texture making, 3-D modeling or helping to build the park in TPS. Anyone can help! Welcome aboard the Project Studios team; coaster-inc, Parkman, Coastergeek987 and abletudu! Again, anyone can help so join the project team today! :)

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 11:53:59 AM »
I realize that it will be awhile before we can start on this, but I thought I would post this annotated map of the park as a reference where things are located.

The image can be seen online at: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=project+hollywood+disney+world+maps&qpvt=project+hollywood+disney+world+maps&FORM=IGRE#view=detail&id=E9996EAC4F71C3FD1BA6CEB02B79437DA9361D11&selectedIndex=1
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 11:56:32 AM by abletudu »
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

Coastin' Dave

• www.realtycoon3.com
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 12:03:44 PM »
Thanks! And it's the updated map too! (And by updated I mean it has all of the latest attractions such as Toy Story.)
This will give everyone a basic idea as to how the park is laid out. Notice how each section of the park is color-coded by street color. At the real park, the street is all one color throughout (except at the entrance plaza.)

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2013, 08:53:09 PM »
Here are a few photos from Hollywood Studios Walt Disney World

This is their Academy of Television Arts & Sciences

A Tribute to the Golden Age of Televison
Strike a pose and snap a picture next to past and present television greats. Celebrate the icons of the small screen at this open-air gallery that is home to meticulously detailed bronze busts of some of your favorite TV stars.
TV legends currently on view include:
Lucille Ball
Oprah Winfrey
Bob Newhart
Dick Clark
Bill Cosby
Andy Griffith
Walt Disney
Open all day, this delightful exhibition is easy to navigate and offers a relaxing retreat for fans of both classic and contemporary television.

The Hall of Fame
The plaza honors TV legends who’ve been inducted into the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Hall of Fame. Founded in 1946, the Hall of Fame recognizes the outstanding and enduring contributions to the television medium. Over the years, the organization has fostered creative leadership and rewarded excellence in programming though its world-famous Emmy® Award

Location in park:

« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 01:33:15 PM by abletudu »

Coastin' Dave

• www.realtycoon3.com
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 01:01:09 PM »
Here are a few photos from Hollywood Studios Walt Disney World

This is their Academy of Television Arts & Sciences

A Tribute to the Golden Age of Televison
Strike a pose and snap a picture next to past and present television greats. Celebrate the icons of the small screen at this open-air gallery that is home to meticulously detailed bronze busts of some of your favorite TV stars.
TV legends currently on view include:
Lucille Ball
Oprah Winfrey
Bob Newhart
Dick Clark
Bill Cosby
Andy Griffith
Walt Disney
Open all day, this delightful exhibition is easy to navigate and offers a relaxing retreat for fans of both classic and contemporary television.

The Hall of Fame
The plaza honors TV legends who’ve been inducted into the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Hall of Fame. Founded in 1946, the Hall of Fame recognizes the outstanding and enduring contributions to the television medium. Over the years, the organization has fostered creative leadership and rewarded excellence in programming though its world-famous Emmy® Award

Great place to take some photos when at the park!  ;D I've done it a few times. I hope TPS will feature photo ops like RCT3 or maybe just have guests take pictures at places that aesthetically look nice.

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 01:25:15 PM »
Hope that these help too:

American Film Institute Showcase

Marvel at iconic movie props and one-of-a-kind costumes from your favorite films within this popular walk-through exhibit.

The Best in Film: 100 Years, 100 Movies
Surround yourself with a century of cinema’s most memorable moments inside this entertaining attraction.
From relics of the silent era to set pieces from some of the movie industry’s biggest and most recent blockbusters, “The Best in Film: AFI’s 100 Years, 100 Movies” is the latest display by the American Film Institute Showcase—based on the AFI’s popular Greatest lists.
Featuring actual costumes, props and mementos from movies known and admired by all, this fascinating exhibit celebrates the most unforgettable sights from nearly every era of the silver screen.

Go Behind the Scenes Like Never Before
Rediscover the storied history of Hollywood as you get up close to popular props, artifacts and more. “The Best in Film: AFI’s 100 Years, 100 Movies” showcases an entire century of memorabilia, including:
Detailed props and set pieces from Titanic
Scarlet O’Hara’s costume, as well as the film score from Gone with the Wind
Superman’s cape from the classic 1978 take on the tale
Plus, artifacts from Casablanca, The Lord of the Rings, West Side Story and more!
With an entire century’s worth of wonders to behold, you absolutely won’t want to miss this chance to rediscover cinema’s most treasured memories!

Location in the park:

Parkman

• TPS Addict!
    • Theme Park Hub
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 01:59:58 PM »
Does anyone know how to add your own images (ones on your computer only and not the internet) to a post? I have some from my last trip of Hollywood Studios I could donate for people to see to get a modeling idea.
WHAT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR... TPS!!!

Homepark: Canada's Wonderland (Ontario, Canada)
Steam Username: Parkman_98

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 02:23:52 PM »
Here's how:

• Set up your file
  • click on upload at he top of the page
  • pick the file from the library drop down list
  • click where it says "choose photos and videos" (this will let you browse your computer)
  • click on the item/items (holding the ctrl key if picking more than 1 item)
  • click open
  • after the upload is complete browse to the folder you uploaded to
  • on the thumbnail of the item you will see  Email & IM,
    Direct, HTML, and IMG.
  • Right Click on the space after IMG and select copy.
  • Go to the place you want to post the item to and right click and choose paste.

That should do it.

Coastin' Dave

• www.realtycoon3.com
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 07:34:11 PM »
Does anyone know how to add your own images (ones on your computer only and not the internet) to a post? I have some from my last trip of Hollywood Studios I could donate for people to see to get a modeling idea.
Awesome! Any help is appreciated. And remember: this project doesn't officially start until TPS actual releases (it will not be made in the beta.) Right now is the perfect time for modelers to get a head start modeling and researching to be conducted.

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.637 seconds with 20 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip