Author Topic: A Marketing Idea?  (Read 2362 times)

Iceburg

• Kickstarter Club Member
  • Coaster Junkie!
A Marketing Idea?
« on: November 04, 2013, 05:39:59 AM »
I was thinking about how to get the word out a little better and this popped into my head. I know with Reward 8 you get the poster and T-shirt and it is a great reward.  Then I thought about all the people involved in this Kickstart program at all levels.  I am not trying to take away from the reward 8 or higher contributors but what if TPS offered the TPS shirt graphic to all of the Kickstart pledges?  If you did that then we could make our own T-shirts and help get the word out. There is still a lot of time before the final release and it would be free advertisement for TPS and Pantera.  I myself live in a Six Flags park (well not LIVE in there but you know what I mean) and would wear it alot.  Just an idea.

jsblumen

• Global Moderator
  • Home Park: Six Flags Great Adventure
Re: A Marketing Idea?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 08:30:21 AM »
I think that Theme Park Review has truly spread the word of theme park studio.  That is probably how most of us have heard about it.  But it will gain a lot more popularity after the game is released and people review it.  I think some people are still a little skeptical about Theme Park Studio and will not back it because they have not read anything about the software other than the updates from the TPS team.
Bug Reporting: themeparkstudio.mantishub.com
Rider of the world's tallest roller coaster and drop ride.  Kingda Ka + Zumanjaro

sirchick

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 04:14:29 PM »
I offered one way to get the game more known but they are not ready yet for such things was roughly the response I had.

KaiRubix

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 05:37:23 PM »
I make YouTube videos with a channel partner and I've mentioned TPS mulitple times in my videos. Most people already tend to know what I'm talking about. I do believe Theme Park Review has spread the word to the people who are the most interested in the game. With it now being available on Steam I believe it has the best chance it has for spreading its existence. This will definitely be the go to software for Theme Park dreamers and creators.

Parkman

• TPS Addict!
    • Theme Park Hub
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 04:56:24 PM »
I would say just tell your friends, make YouTube videos, mention the game on other sites, create your own site, and things like that are great ways to help spread the news.

But EVERYONE who backed Kickstarter getting a T-Shirt... it's not free for Pantera. It costs money to design, make, and ship them. It is definitely not free.
WHAT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR... TPS!!!

Homepark: Canada's Wonderland (Ontario, Canada)
Steam Username: Parkman_98

jsblumen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 07:09:58 PM »
I am thinking about making my own T-shirt with iron ons.  $5
Rider of the world's tallest roller coaster and drop ride.  Kingda Ka + Zumanjaro

pwc1

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 07:43:27 PM »
I would say just tell your friends, make YouTube videos, mention the game on other sites, create your own site, and things like that are great ways to help spread the news.

But EVERYONE who backed Kickstarter getting a T-Shirt... it's not free for Pantera. It costs money to design, make, and ship them. It is definitely not free.

There's not a lot of games or stuff that really excites me, but I've definitely been telling my friends about TPS. :)

Coasterfreak

• Proud supporter of TPS
    • TPS-Syndicate
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 08:23:37 PM »
I am thinking about making my own T-shirt with iron ons.  $5
Even though your intentions are good, even I know that your idea is great for all, but charging $5 a shirt is make you go broke. From an experience and professional artist, (airbrush artist) that T-shirts alone cost more than $5 each to purchase unless you buy packs of them. But it also what brand of shirts you purchase ex: Haynes, their quality is not all that great, it shrinks half the size the first time you wash it, I know, I've bought them and had that happen. Not if you buy something of better quality say like Jersey, then that would hold up to many washing's and will not shrink. I have an airbrushed T-shirt with the same design since 1996! And high quality T-shirts are going to cost you even more. On top of that, you other materials you will need, such as ink for printer, and the sheets to print on. So all in all, you've got about $20-$25 per shirt! Not to bring your idea down, I'm just laying down the reality of your idea. I could airbrush a T-shirt for $25-$30 each, pending on design chosen! I would absolutely love to have a TPS T-shirt myself to wear. Yes, wearing TPS logo T-shirts is free advertising for them, but they are not making any money off of it, because of copy write issues. You would definitely need the Permission from Pantera to do this!

But I'm all for advertising for Pantera and TPS in signatures on other gaming sites (if allowed) or youtube or any other social sites!

If anybody takes what I say wrong, I apologize now for it... I mean no harm!

Thank you,
~CF!

jsblumen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2014, 08:39:04 PM »
^I meant that I would make one for myself, not to sell.  I got a pack of 10 iron ons for $10 and a TShirt for $3.75. Then I already have the ink I need.  I wish I could make a much better quality shirt,  but I don't have the tools or skills to do so other than making something in photoshop/illustrator and printing it on an iron on to put onto a shirt.

Coasterfreak

• Proud supporter of TPS
    • TPS-Syndicate
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 03:18:46 AM »
^I meant that I would make one for myself, not to sell.  I got a pack of 10 iron ons for $10 and a TShirt for $3.75. Then I already have the ink I need.  I wish I could make a much better quality shirt,  but I don't have the tools or skills to do so other than making something in photoshop/illustrator and printing it on an iron on to put onto a shirt.

Well my apologies then, I misread what you said! To me when you put the "$5" on there, I took it as, you were going to sell each T-shirt for that price! I don't know how well you are with photoshop, but I can always give you a hand with you idea..for your personal T-shirt.... "T-shirt for payment of course!" lol.. just kidding!

We'd love to see what you come up with! Have a great day!! :D

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.461 seconds with 20 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip