Poll

Does this ride look like a good addition?

It looks brilliant
It looks ok
In between
It looks bad
It looks awful
It looks terrifying

Author Topic: Falcons Fury- New world first ride coming to Bush Gardens Tampa 2014  (Read 5838 times)

Flamingliger

Re: Falcons Fury- New world first ride coming to Bush Gardens Tampa 2014
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 10:09:13 PM »
The Mega Drop isn't as scary as it sounds. The drop is over before you know it. Don't worry the brakes never ever fail. My dad rode it when he was 68 or so, and I was surprised to say the least. I'll be able to ride her at Moomba in less than 2 weeks.

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 06:11:05 AM »
The Mega Drop isn't as scary as it sounds. The drop is over before you know it. Don't worry the brakes never ever fail. My dad rode it when he was 68 or so, and I was surprised to say the least. I'll be able to ride her at Moomba in less than 2 weeks.

Was that as tall as this new one, and do the riders drop watching the ground rush up at them?
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

deathmetalmike

• rock hard live fast!
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 01:17:56 PM »
they say its like skydiving... its a shame all the good coasters and other rides are all build in the us...:P and not in europe..

(cant you guys send some coaster over to holland? :D haha)
Parks visited:
De efteling
Walibi
Phantasialand
Duinrell
Bobbejaanland
Disneyland paris
Disney studios
Moviepark Germany

Danny

• Kickstarter Club Member
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2014, 01:47:28 PM »
they say its like skydiving... its a shame all the good coasters and other rides are all build in the us...:P and not in europe..

(cant you guys send some coaster over to holland? :D haha)

All the good coasters and other rides are built in the US and not in Europe? Nonsense. Expedition GeForce is regarded as the best roller coaster in the world by the highly recognised Mitch Hawker poll and has been sitting at the top of that for some time now. Shambhala, Katun, iSpeed and Nemesis are several other noticeable rides in the poll, all from Europe [and I highly doubt Nemesis will ever be topped in terms of inverted coasters]. The upcoming Helix at Liseberg has also been tipped by Werner Stengel as having the potential to be one of the greatest roller coasters ever made.

And when it comes to rides in general, the overall quality of our dark rides is simply astounding [Mystery Castle, Hex, Valhalla etc]. Yes, there are some brilliant attractions in the US [considering my favourite roller coaster and overall attraction are there], but I think you're seriously overlooking the incredible parks and attractions we have here in Europe.

JCat

• Trackworx
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2014, 02:17:38 PM »
All the good coasters and other rides are built in the US and not in Europe? Nonsense.

Agreed. I live in the US. My home park is Six Flags over Great Adventure. It has its share of amazing coasters (El Toro and Nitro come to mind), but when I see pictures from European parks, I become envious! :-)

I'm kind of sick of these tallest, fastest in the world-type rides. I want something like Smiler or Saw - great rides with great themes,  not a drop tower that reaches Neptune.  Guess I'll have to  rely on good ol' Florida for my personal taste for now.  :D

Danny

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2014, 02:33:33 PM »
I want something like Smiler or Saw - great rides with great themes,

The Smiler? Great theme? I think you'd be slightly disappointed with that in some respects... :P

But I agree, the tallest, fastest and longest and infact any ride with shoehorned gimmicks does not make a great ride. For me, it's down to the interaction with theming or landscape and the feeling of being taken on a journey as opposed to traversing up and down hills over a car park or concrete wasteland.

In a bid to steer this slightly on topic, Falcon's Fury does look spectacular and I look forward to seeing what the vibrant look of Pantopia can bring to the park. I couldn't care less if it was the tallest ride in the park or not, it's the prone position factor of the ride that sells it to me.

Flamingliger

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 09:49:52 PM »
Was that as tall as this new one, and do the riders drop watching the ground rush up at them?

The Mega Drop is 45 metres high and it travels in Australia. If you want to watch the ground rushing at you then knock yourself out  :) As for myself I just enjoy the view.

Flamingliger

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2014, 09:54:33 PM »
When it comes to rollercoasters and flat rides I'd prefer to go to Germany (If I had the money) because of Octoberfest :D That way I'll be able to experience a Mondial Capriolo 8, 10 and Turbine. Also I'd love to ride Magic Circus or whatever that over the top clunky ride is called :P Did I forget to mention Olympia Looping :D If I were to go to the US I'd love to experience a HUSS Rainbow, Chance Turbo, King Da Ka and everything else :D

deere839

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2014, 05:32:15 AM »
may 1st is the date they will be opening falcon fury cant wait to be there on opening date they released it on facebook

Darkness

• I love rollercoasters!
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2014, 11:31:41 AM »
Here is a picture of the almost finished Falcon's Fury drop tower and as you can see its going to be quite a plunge.

BMCoasterFan

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2014, 09:17:19 PM »
This ride looks stout!!! I would definitely ride it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 09:18:58 PM by BMCoasterFan »

Darkness

• I love rollercoasters!
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2014, 02:31:28 PM »
We finally have a new picture and a video showing off the new seats you will be sitting in while you are riding Falcons Fury and they actually look pretty awesome.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 11:22:36 AM by Darkness »

Darkness

• I love rollercoasters!
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2014, 08:52:28 PM »
Things don't seem to be looking good for the Falcons Fury at the moment because apparently when the ride hits the break run the seats are supposed to slowly come back into the upright position but instead they are just instantly coming back into that position. Also while they were testing it and this happened one of the seats actually broke off one of its arms so there is going to be a delay in the opening of Falcons Fury until they can fix the ride and make it more safe for people to ride. Also here is a video showing the testing and where the ride seat breaks off the bar.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 08:54:02 PM by Darkness »

Paul UK

• Global Moderator
  • Home Park - Chessington & Thorpe Park
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2014, 02:33:10 AM »
Did you notice one of the hydraulic seat tilt rams on the right is broken?
Scary stuff, being in the UK will prob never ride it though!
Mind you I went to Alton Towers last year and went on all the rides including Smiler and because I'm disabled I was in so much pain.
At 46 my days of real theme parks are over :( so TPS is so important to me. (I have a degenerative spine condition.)

deere839

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2014, 07:59:01 PM »
Bad news falcon fury is having technical difficulty so the date for may 1 is now gone and new date is coming soon

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.595 seconds with 24 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip