Author Topic: Geauga Lake Recreation 1988  (Read 4599 times)

TBone8n69

• Geauga Lake Recreations
Geauga Lake Recreation 1988
« on: August 24, 2013, 02:19:19 PM »
I cant wait to get my copy of Theme Park Studio, I will finally be able to make angled paths and flat rides. Those who play with RCT3 know what Im talking about. Without the use of angled path covers from shyguys site, we couldn't even make it look as real as we liked. Though this still left a flaw, no angled flat rides. Except for diagonal coaster pieces we where all limited to half real parks and made the best with what we had.

Here is a map of what Im gonna make below.

Also check some of my pics on the work I did with RCT3 here
http://www.geaugalakerecreations.com/

Here to make a difference!

LarryKu

• Kickstarter Club Member
Re: Geauga Lake Recreation 1988
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 03:40:05 PM »
It's great to hear you are planning on recreating a classic amusement park. I grew up about 10 miles north of Warren, and three amusement parks were within 30 miles; Geauga Lake and Idora in Ohio and Conneaut Lake in western Pa. When the large companies sponsored their picnic days at one of the parks, we would go with our friends and hit one or two of them every year.

I hope to recreate Idora Park (the closest and my home park). Your No Limits Wild Cat should really help with getting it into TPS. Fortuntely two of the three Idora coasters have been duplicated in No Limits.

TBone8n69

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 06:57:07 AM »
Thanks, LarryKu. I hope my Wild Cat creation does justice for you. I also remember growing up in the 80's I had lived off massilion rd right down the street from playland amusement park in springfield. Its too bad though it was already closing down at the time I was only 5 years old. Lol. I mainly grew up going to Geauga Lake and Sea world. Most my childhood was at those 2 parks. I wish I had a chance to go to Idora before it closed, its too bad I don't have a time machine.

I don't know if you know this but AMRadiostar did do an Idora Park Recreation for Rct3. It used to be on  this site here http://idorapark.org/  don't know where it is now though.

LarryKu

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 03:32:40 PM »
I knew the RCT3 Idora Park existed, but couldn't locate it either. They haven't been very active transferring the content from the old IdoraPark.org website to their new one. AMRadio is affiliated with the new site and also has another site (http://idorapark.webs.com/).

I think I'll send him an email to see if I can get a copy of his RCT3 Idora Park. I already have the RCT2 version.

TBone8n69

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 10:24:48 PM »
Thanks for the link LarryKu. Ya I used to have that recreation saved somewhere on my computer but cant seem to find it. If I find it I could upload for you to download if Amradiostar don't get back to you.

Also I remember having to have a lot of custom content for his map to work. I have most of it in my Expasion pack but some was dead links to old content, which made some of his work have missing pieces. Let me know if you find any links to his custom content. Thanks again.

amradiostars

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 07:46:56 AM »
hey guys ...just came across this thread, i have all the content for that map to work(rct3 Idora), but dont have enough room on my site to post a pak....also of course i will do a Theme Park Studio version when i get my hands on it , also on my site right now there is a rct2 version of Idora

LarryKu

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 11:35:25 AM »
^ I sent you a message on your site, but getting a response here is just as good. I'm glad to hear you are planning on doing a TPS Tribute to Idora. I had the same idea, so maybe I can help you as my memories are from the 60's, and I can't remember the details like you do. I'm sure there will have to be a lot of modeling for the older rides that Idora had. We don't live that far from each other as I live just north of Warren.

I hope I can get my hands on the RCT3 tribute as I already have the RCT2 version.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 11:39:23 AM by LarryKu »

amradiostars

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 05:26:38 PM »
the scenery needed i have on a cd ...its too big to load here...and the scenario i could email you....but without the scenery ...alot will be missing....also its a load to play...do you have win xp or win 7 ?

TBone8n69

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 07:48:21 AM »
Ya, AMradiostars is right. His map take a lot of memory and power to run, It even slowed my fast custom built computer. Which runs any game out there at fast speeds. He put so much detail into his map that since its in such a confined space it trys to load all of it at once.

Still was a really nice park though and loved the signs that he made. Hey, amradiostars, use this https://www.dropbox.com/install2   Just download and install, then put your files into dropbox and it will sync . Once done syncing it will give you a link to your file to share for people to download.

I recommend putting all your files into organized folders, then putting those folders into one big zip or rar file and put it into dropbox like that. That way you only have one link to share.

amradiostars

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 05:58:05 AM »
Large Address Aware is a sweet little utility to download if you are using Win 7 ...just drop in the RCT3 exe and it gets past the limit of using only 2 gig memory for a win 7 machine...now my machine uses all 16 gigs  :)

TBone8n69

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 12:15:38 PM »
Thanks for the tip, Amradiostars. I will have to try that out.  :D

TBone8n69

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2013, 01:13:24 PM »
Just to let anybody interested on here know, that I released my Geauga Lake recreation of RCT3 even though its 85% completed. There was a bug or glitch problem I had to fix, so I had to remove some textures, buildings and rides for now. Its just temporary till I get it fixed. Version 1.0a can be downloaded here http://www.geaugalakerecreations.com/downloads.htm

Also don't be afraid to join my forums, sure would love to have more then 5 members on my site, lol.

Here is link to Forums: http://geaugalakerecreations.freeforums.org/index.php

TBone8n69

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 06:35:07 AM »
I finally released the completed version of my recreation. Go here to download http://www.geaugalakerecreations.com/downloads.htm

Hope to see your guys upcoming projects in TPS. Have fun and enjoy.

JKPACE

• Proud Supporter of TPS Proud $100 Backer
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2013, 09:28:35 PM »
Can't wait to see you create this park in TPS!
You Won't Be Seeing Me Once I Get This Game

amradiostars

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2017, 11:59:47 AM »
I know its a very old topic, but funny i came across it and saw people having trouble getting the custom scenery for the RCT 3 version, its now hosted on my site

http://idoraparkrct.webs.com/

sorry to dig this thread up, but anyone still plays and still is looking for this enjoy  :)

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.525 seconds with 21 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip