Author Topic: Beta Testing?  (Read 6738 times)

abletudu

• Administrator
Re: Beta Testing?
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2014, 04:39:02 PM »
I understand about the delays being caused by loss of people and necessary recoding, but it seems that a lot of the posts on this forum are from Nit Picking TPS to death and requesting such minor items such as fully detailed bathrooms and the like that could be added later on by the development team or by modders. I am fully behind the development team, but would encourage them to overlook such minor items.

sorry about the double post, but my system messed up and I thought the first post didn't go through.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 04:40:57 PM by abletudu »
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

jsblumen

• Global Moderator
  • Home Park: Six Flags Great Adventure
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2014, 06:09:32 PM »
With forums like this, TPS is listening to every suggestion because they want to make themselves a big competitor to NL.  NL is a very powerful software that has taken years of development and it is important for TPS to create a program that is better and just as powerful as NL.  If users are disappointed with TPS, the product won't sell well and the whole funding and project goes down the drain.  TPS needs to make a positive first impression with the early edition and beta which is why it is taking so long to perfect.  TPS is trying to make the software usable for everyone with as many popular features they can add.  We should start focusing on major features like coaster creation and creating flat rides as opposed to specifics like where people spawn, specific types of roller coasters, precision of models, etc.  TPS has been giving all their time and money into the product so its users are very happy and will continue to support and show pride in TPS.
Bug Reporting: themeparkstudio.mantishub.com
Rider of the world's tallest roller coaster and drop ride.  Kingda Ka + Zumanjaro

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2014, 08:08:14 PM »
/\ That is exactly what I was trying to say!
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

simbuilder2004

• TPS!
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2014, 01:15:27 PM »
February almost here wow excited about being able test it! ;D It will be here fast.
Thanks,
simbuilder2004

C-A_99

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2014, 04:01:33 PM »
With forums like this, TPS is listening to every suggestion because they want to make themselves a big competitor to NL.  NL is a very powerful software that has taken years of development and it is important for TPS to create a program that is better and just as powerful as NL.  If users are disappointed with TPS, the product won't sell well and the whole funding and project goes down the drain.  TPS needs to make a positive first impression with the early edition and beta which is why it is taking so long to perfect.  TPS is trying to make the software usable for everyone with as many popular features they can add.  We should start focusing on major features like coaster creation and creating flat rides as opposed to specifics like where people spawn, specific types of roller coasters, precision of models, etc.  TPS has been giving all their time and money into the product so its users are very happy and will continue to support and show pride in TPS.

NL2 is more focused to a narrower demographic than TPS; TPS may draw interest from that community (if the trackbuilding tools are of sufficient quality), but most of the current TPS community seems to come from RCT or from those who use both about equally. Also, I doubt TPS will be as focused on details as closely as NL2 is, but if the community is interested in such, that may change. That said, there's a limit to how much detail that can be had when you want a whole park to run. NL2 remains focused on individual rides even as the capability to build a park was added in.

I agree with you that the main focus needs to be about creation, and I think they're doing a fantastic job of that. The flat ride builder and custom train assembly system are the first of any park/ride simulation, and the kind of thinking they have on building the tools for TPS is IMO, the right kind to have for something like this: give powerful modding capabilities, but without leaving the community to build all the assets and share amongst themselves.

ShadowTiger

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2014, 03:47:43 AM »
Apologies, but what does NL stand for?

Achronite

• Kickstarter Club Member
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2014, 03:55:53 AM »
Apologies, but what does NL stand for?
NL = No Limits - It is a competing product that concentrates on designing roller coasters

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2014, 04:16:28 AM »
NL is NG

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.312 seconds with 21 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip