Author Topic: Beta Testing?  (Read 6722 times)

jsblumen

• Global Moderator
  • Home Park: Six Flags Great Adventure
Re: Beta Testing?
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2013, 08:49:01 AM »
The pre beta was pushed back to January.
Bug Reporting: themeparkstudio.mantishub.com
Rider of the world's tallest roller coaster and drop ride.  Kingda Ka + Zumanjaro

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2013, 12:34:09 PM »
Being that it is the 28th of December, I guess you can scratch December off the list of possible beta starts. there is always:

January, February,  March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, and December of 2014. Choose one, maybe you'll get lucky (Joke).  Pantera do your best and Happy New Year everyone.  :D
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:10:10 AM by abletudu »
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

JKPACE

• Kickstarter Club Member
  • Proud Supporter of TPS Proud $100 Backer
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2013, 09:30:48 PM »
TPS is going to be one incredible theme park game and I really hope the early edition/pre-beta will be in January but I don't have a problem if there are still more improvements to be done :)
You Won't Be Seeing Me Once I Get This Game

rollermonkey

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 03:18:54 AM »
At this point, I'm starting to wonder when the vaporware term starts to apply.

C'mon guys. At some point you have to stop adding 'just one more thing' and get the beta started.

Kickstarted April 2013, fully backed in May 2013, estimated delivery September 2013...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 03:27:14 AM by rollermonkey »

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2014, 05:04:13 AM »
/\ Do mean this?

va∑por∑ware
/ˈvāpərˌwer/
noun
Computinginformal
noun: vapourware; noun: vaporware
1. software or hardware that has been advertised but is not yet available to buy, either because it is only a concept or because it is still being written or designed.

Please delete!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:08:26 AM by abletudu »
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

Parkman

• TPS Addict!
    • Theme Park Hub
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2014, 06:24:02 PM »
I understand if they are working out bugs, but since Beta is being released in modules and the first one won't even have path construction, coaster construction, guests, rides, scenery, or hardly anything, I think it's not that hard to get something solid to confirm that it is indeed a reality.
WHAT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR... TPS!!!

Homepark: Canada's Wonderland (Ontario, Canada)
Steam Username: Parkman_98

zeleathos

• Proud to be backing
    • Pop Culture Theme Park
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2014, 09:37:47 PM »
Starting to be anxious lol Been  since June lol I can't wait to be able to test it haha

Click here for more info

JKPACE

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2014, 10:12:42 PM »
Starting to be anxious lol Been  since June lol I can't wait to be able to test it haha

Lol ive been anxious since February haha

Theme Park Studio

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2014, 11:19:30 PM »
"Hello Backers,

We just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for their patience and support. We have a lot invested into this product and years of work. It is absolutely critical for us that any released version is polished and solid. We are very close to our 'Early Edition' release but it is difficult to put an exact date. We are trying to bridge a gap between professional visualization ...tools and easy to use gaming software. It is possible to just release the product as is, but this is not something we are considering. We all know there is competition for this demographic, even though our product is clearly different. If we want to compete, we need to have the same approach....don't release until it is ready. Right now we are still hoping for sometime in January for the 'Early Edition' partial release. This is a 100 percent indie project and it helps to know we have the community behind us. We will keep you updated regularly. Thank you for your patience and helping us achieve our goals."

I put up this post a little over a week ago, in an attempt to be as transparent and open handed as possible.    The size of the team developing this product you could count on one hand, and we are working on a razor thin budget.  We worked through Christmas and New Years.   It is not only costing us time, but more money since the Kickstarter budget only represents a small portion of the overall investment needed.  The easiest thing to do would be to release it, as is.  We love this project and are happy to do all this extra work.  However, it not helpful to read, on our forums, posts using terms like vapor ware and listing every month of the year as a guess when the product will come out, etc....  We have been very transparent and stated a couple weeks ago we are shooting for January.  That is still the goal so posts like this are unnecessary.  The next couple weeks of development will tell us more.  Since Kickstarter, it was pushed back twice, not repeatedly  (I don't really count a 1 month bump a full push back).  NL2 took 8 years, we are sweating to build it in 1 and a half years.  Bottom line is, the amount of time we thought it would take was underestimated and I am sorry for that.  Also, the focus group meetings showed the current build wasn't good enough, so we took more time to get it right.  We plan on releasing the early edition soon, but going forward we are not setting dates until the build is almost ready. Dates are almost impossible to predict with such a small team, especially when developing a product as innovative as TPS.   Please try and understand and support the devs working so hard.  Undoubtedly we are going to get heat from followers of our competitor.  It is important to know we have a team in our corner, especially with the competition heating up, and all the forums as well.   

cap396

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2014, 11:42:30 PM »
^ Thanks for all of your hard work!  It's better to wait for a good product than to rush an incomplete product that nobody wants.  You're on the right path, Pantera.  Thank you for this update.

kylr23

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2014, 02:48:23 AM »
I dont have my club tag yet but I am a backer at the beta and platnem level, I love the look of the games and understand what may or maynot be going down, So we all know tps wont come out with much. (IE water rides working resteraunts and so on) But as time goes on the community would see to fix that. Anyways The terms are infact wrong dont asume something untill you confermed it YES TPS was pushed back, but this is a complex game and also these guys arnt making Duke Nukem forever.

Whie I am wishing that we would get the early verson as it is to test it for bugs. (aka the point of a early alpha/beta test) Im fine with a very solid modual as well where ever that may be.

Parkman

• TPS Addict!
    • Theme Park Hub
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2014, 08:32:00 AM »
^^^
Thanks for this post! Knowing that the alpha team doesn't think the build is suitable makes it a lot easier. I find it easier with any update of any kind. I know the final product will blow all our minds away, and if Beta isn't quite ready yet, I'm glad we are so close.

EDIT: And with less than 5 people on the job, having a full release this year (possibly... I would understand if it is pushed to add stuff). That is talent beyond measure.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:34:28 AM by Parkman »
WHAT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR... TPS!!!

Homepark: Canada's Wonderland (Ontario, Canada)
Steam Username: Parkman_98

JKPACE

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2014, 09:32:22 AM »
^^^ Absolutely. You all have worked extremely hard and kniwing that the process eas non-stop I think we all need to be mote patient and grateful for what you have done so far. Thank you so much for posting and to do it in a yearand a half is incredible. Thank you again and you will always have my support. :D

pwc1

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2014, 02:04:53 PM »
You all have my support too.  Even back when there was an issue about parts. I didnt want too much put on the plate for y'all, because I know it has to be difficult enough. Thank you.

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2014, 04:34:49 PM »
Some of the posts on this forum, it seems to me are results of nit picking TPS to death with unnecessary items that could be addressed later on such as fully detailed bathrooms and the like. I sincerely hope the delays were not caused by such minor things. If a new screenshot or video update could be posted here, I think it would go a long way to relieving some of the frustration caused by the delay.

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.239 seconds with 20 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip