Author Topic: Dark Rides Ideas and Voting  (Read 9215 times)

Krankin4

• Administrator
  • Proud supporter of TPS
    • RCT3CSOS Custom Objects And More
Dark Rides Ideas and Voting
« on: June 20, 2013, 10:33:13 PM »

Darkness

• I love rollercoasters!
Re: Dark Rides Ideas and Voting
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 01:41:58 PM »
Omg I am so voting to have Haunted Houses on here I am so freakin excited.  :D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 12:17:13 PM by Darkness »

Mr.Brightside711

• Kickstarter Club Member
  • $100 Club
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 05:28:26 PM »
How do you submit ideas?
Tatsu, T-Express, Iron Rattler!

wabigbear

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 05:50:51 PM »
I would have thought that terra-forming and tunnels would have already been planned for inclusion in the game anyways.

Bill

• Exec. Producer of Dark Rides
  • Executive Producer
    • Bill Zanetti
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 11:34:48 PM »
How do you submit ideas?
You must first search for an idea on the list. If it is not already there, a button will appear for you to submit your own idea. I hope that answers your question!
-Bill Zanetti

Mr.Brightside711

• $100 Club
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 03:32:02 PM »
Thanks Bill! Why are there ideas that are not related to darkrides? xP
Tatsu, T-Express, Iron Rattler!

wandrew2010

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 07:40:44 PM »
are Sims scared if darkness, sudden sounds like screams and dark earie scenery none moving? how it's determined per SIM how scared or excited. they get?

I'm wondering how we're planning on calculating how a SIM person reacts to certain ride elements.... if it's dark will they get scared if it's slow moving or there's an eerie noise or sudden sound effect? how will Sims react to flickering lights and other scenery items eg smoke/mist or gravestones? the ride maybe something like at epcot where the scenery items are interesting - history of technology for instance (or boring to others) / or a ride like a monster's Inc think where the kids find monsters and get excited.

just wondered had this been thought of? (not sure how you'd go about setting sound effects that make ppl jump like screams or how scary the darkness is or dim lighting) I'm guessing certain animated ride events like a monster making others jump by popping out at them would be set into that item as a ride event - it's the none aninated things I wonder of
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 07:45:15 PM by wandrew2010 »

Buck-i-backer72

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 07:29:41 AM »
^I would assume that you could have an option to select object properties and possibly have a drop down list of peep reactions to be associated with the object. Select the appropriate reaction(s). I would think that you would need to have more than one option available for each object or to be able to create a scale to determine how many peeps would react that way. I don't think it would look right if everyone reacted the same way everytime they interacted with the object. I don't know if this is feasable to do but I would really love it if it was possible.  I really think it is an important part of setting the mood in the game. Please, Please, Please Pantera make this an option if it isn't to much trouble.

Mr. Roller77

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 03:14:49 PM »
I love dark rides, so I hope making them on TPS will be easier than RCT3. I plan to make a recreation of the old Laff In The Dark ride that used to be at the now defunct Crystal Beach Park in Ontario, Canada. I loved that ride so much, it wasn't scary, but really fun, because all of these funny things would pop out at you, and there would be string hanging from the ceiling that would brush over your head! ;D And on the outside of the ride, there of course were the two animated figures, Laughing Sal, and Charming Charlie, a skeleton playing a piano! It would be cool to make themed dark rides that have effects similar to that!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 03:22:19 PM by Mr. Roller77 »

Bill

• Exec. Producer of Dark Rides
  • Executive Producer
    • Bill Zanetti
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 11:47:33 PM »
Thanks Bill! Why are there ideas that are not related to darkrides? xP
We're hoping to use this for all features for Theme Park Studio, we're just rolling it out in Dark Rides first to see how well it works. It's fine if there are some ideas that don't directly relate to dark rides. Usually coaster ideas apply to dark rides anyway, like synced stations for example.
-Bill Zanetti

Buck-i-backer72

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2013, 06:48:23 AM »
We're hoping to use this for all features for Theme Park Studio, we're just rolling it out in Dark Rides first to see how well it works. It's fine if there are some ideas that don't directly relate to dark rides. Usually coaster ideas apply to dark rides anyway, like synced stations for example.

Now that is awesome news ;D
I hope everyone appreciates that Pantera is developing this game while listening to what the community wants in the game. As far as I know this is kind of unheard of in game development. I know that it is impossible to implement half the ideas that have been presented but just knowing that they care about what we want is incredible. I agree that this format is a great way to determine what features are important to the overall community. Understand that when the game comes out there will be features that were not put into the game. Remember Pantera took the path less traveled so keep that in mind as some features will not make the final game release. Thx Pantera for listening and I assume this is why the release date was pushed back.

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 03:14:54 AM »
A true theme park simulation should have ways of having animatronics in the program as that is what a lot of theme parks have now.
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

tarheel1231

• Thrills connect fun and only :D
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2013, 09:41:11 AM »
Your going to need an elvator if you want to make tower of terror

lashbear

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2013, 11:49:59 PM »
I also love the idea of walkthrough attractions and Dark Rides incorporating preshow.  Plenty of attractions use them now.  It's a shame I've found the forums so late in the piece, but hopefully I can lend a voice to  the cause.

Thrillmad

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2013, 12:54:01 AM »
Horror mazes as recognised attractions, so in October, we can build a set and have differant scare levels, this would also mean having a much slower time than in RCT3 and maybe a dark ride experience outside during the night?
Think Thorpe Park's Blair Witch Project
IF YOU GO DOWN TO CHEETAH RUN TODAY...YOUD BETTER NOT GET CORRECTED!

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.384 seconds with 19 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip