Author Topic: Want to model for TPS?  (Read 8834 times)

Krankin4

• Administrator
  • Proud supporter of TPS
    • RCT3CSOS Custom Objects And More
Re: Want to model for TPS?
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2013, 07:33:17 AM »
The best way to submit your modeled is to upload them somewhere and pm me or zanson with a link. The sales@panter.com is full of mail and models might get overlooked. If you don't hear from the 1st one you pm in a couple of days, pm the other.

Coasterfreak

• Kickstarter Club Member
  • Proud supporter of TPS
    • TPS-Syndicate
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2013, 09:24:56 AM »
Thank you Krankin4, sent you a PM!

Krankin4

• Administrator
  • Proud supporter of TPS
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2013, 09:49:15 AM »
I forgot to mention that texture files need to be sent with the model.

Coasterfreak

• Proud supporter of TPS
    • TPS-Syndicate
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2013, 02:41:18 PM »
You can get all the textures out of sketchup! ......

never  mind..... fixed it! Sent! :D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 03:03:23 PM by Coasterfreak »

Krankin4

• Administrator
  • Proud supporter of TPS
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2013, 08:08:18 PM »
Yes I can but if we use a different style of exporting/importing I want to make sure we have the original textures intact.

Example: if you export a Sketchup model out to a .ojb file the exportation makes a separate texture for each face. So if the model had 100 faces it makes a 100 individual textures to the shape of each face.

EDIT: 1st post has been modified. Please read.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 09:06:06 AM by Krankin4 »

MyGirlPepper

• Park Planner
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2013, 08:24:44 AM »
I'd like to design some things in advance of the beta test - I am a bit confused on exactly what is needed at this point to be able to import stuff into TPS . Can someone give me a simple rundown of the steps and all of what will be needed to do this . I am not tech. savey , I only know what I had to learn for RCT3 . So I pretty much need a tutorial on what steps will need to be done to have an importable file for TPS . I can model and make my own texture's , But am lost on these other terms like .obj file and such. Any help to get me up to speed will be appreciated.

Coasterfreak

• Proud supporter of TPS
    • TPS-Syndicate
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2013, 02:00:34 PM »
I'd like to design some things in advance of the beta test - I am a bit confused on exactly what is needed at this point to be able to import stuff into TPS . Can someone give me a simple rundown of the steps and all of what will be needed to do this . I am not tech. savey , I only know what I had to learn for RCT3 . So I pretty much need a tutorial on what steps will need to be done to have an importable file for TPS . I can model and make my own texture's , But am lost on these other terms like .obj file and such. Any help to get me up to speed will be appreciated.

Same here!

C-A_99

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2013, 01:53:35 PM »
Didn't pay enough attention earlier, so I'd like to point out exactly what's going on here.

Rights to Intellectual Property

I do hereby declare and agree to trade my rights of intellectual property Name(model name) _________________
to Pantera Entertainment in exchange for my name as contributing artist to be listed in the official Theme Park Studio game credits. I am aware that no other considerations or cash offer for these rights shall be considered. Pantera Entertainment shall keep these rights indefinitely and use them as they see fit.

(etc.)

I'd advise all artists to seriously consider the terms carefully before signing that form. Effectively, you are saying that you cannot use your work in other projects, such as whatever NoLimits or RCT park/track/custom scenery you may have. The alternative I recommend is releasing your under some CC/GPL license that enables commercial use, but I don't think Pantera picks up on those.

That said, many users are still struggling to get started. I'd recommend hitting a search engine, Youtube, and/or to go look for books that introduce the subject.

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 21 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip