Author Topic: Want to model for TPS?  (Read 8390 times)

Boomer

• Global Moderator
Want to model for TPS?
« on: May 27, 2013, 08:22:40 PM »
Can you do scenery or scenery set modeling?  Want to get your cool scenery in the game?  Here's your chance.  First of all throw out all the size limitations you had with RCT3.  With TPS you can turn off your grid snap and design at any size you want.  The difference though between RCT and TPS is you need to make your models in feet, instead of meters. 

To fit in better with TPS developing though and make it easier for us, I can tell you that the TPS entrance shown in path and guests video for example is 10'x10'.   So I would work with that, just remember, feet, not meters. 

If you hurry and show us what you got we can still consider it for in game content if it's good enough and poly count isn't to high.  Name in artist credits in game if your model is chosen.

Please don't take this as a thread to ask modeling tech specs etc.  That's all I can give you, so if you can work with that, have a go at any scenery you want as long as it is realistic and not to cartoonish. 

When you have a finished piece ready to go, just PM it to Krankin or myself who will in turn show it to the development team for consideration.

This isn't a contest or anything like that, we just want to give talented community artist a chance to see their creations in final version of game.  Also don't be mad if your cool creation doesn't make it, we can only put so much in the game and still keep our system requirements reasonable and with beta coming we need the best of the best as soon as possible.

NOTICE OF REQUIREMENTS:

Level Of Detail: Models of over 1,000 triangles (faces) require a high and low LOD's up to 2,000 of triangles. Models over 2,000 need a third LOD and and should be no higher than 20,000 triangles. This is not set in stone and a standard will be set after beta testing.

Textures: Your must have all rights to redistribute or texture must be made by you.  This means no downloading unless it comes from a royalty free web site or copying other game textures.

Models must be group per texture and have assigned layers.

UV Mapping is desired. The game can handle multiple UV maps.

The Rights to Intellectual Property (attached below) must be filled out and included along with original texture files. Print the text document and fill it out and scan it back onto your computer is preferred but modifying the text to fill in the blanks will be allowed if you can not do so. You may be required to use a fax machine at a later date.

If these steps are not complete you will be asked to fix them before they will be accepted.

All submission may not make the game.
Submit the download link of your zipped to Krankin4 or zanson by pm's

« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 12:03:31 PM by Krankin4 »

castmemberzack

Re: Want to model for TPS?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 10:30:07 PM »
Also, ALL textures must be original. Meaning you must have made the texture or paid for the rights to it.

Coasterfreak

• Kickstarter Club Member
  • Proud supporter of TPS
    • TPS-Syndicate
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 11:38:51 PM »
Sweet! I can do this.... All ofmy textures are now made by me any how! I will be working on modeling this week......be on the lookout for some PM's!

Dayradon

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 05:13:56 AM »
Man I better start working on my pagoda.

Boomer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 11:00:49 AM »
For anyone who is interested in this offer to get their models used in TPS, please make sure that your work is at least as good as the stuff you see in our SS and videos.

Also remember, don't be upset or discouraged if your stuff is not used, we only have a room for a few of the best of the best and for just a short time only and not being picked is not an indication of your artistic talent and abilities.  It really just boils down to the quality of your piece and the timing that we receive it.

Thank you for using your talents to make a good game even better and sharing them with us.

--Boomer--

LoneWolf

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 12:33:32 PM »
Any idea in what you guys are looking for? Just random pieces of scenery? Or are you looking themed sets with multiple pieces?

Boomer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 01:02:16 PM »
We are open to anything, sets, singles, random whatever's.  Whatever floats your boat may just float ours.(that's not a hint btw) 

But remember, if it don't get used, don't take it personally and don't get upset. It just means we looked it over, checked it with what we already have on hand and made a decision based on quality of work, of course, but also does it fill any gaps in our existing pre-made inventory.

But if you can come up with the ever elusive low poly and high quality model, if it's good enough, we might just replace what we have of a particular piece with that community made model and credit the modeler in the in-game credits.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 01:06:46 PM by Boomer »

Dayradon

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 03:23:08 PM »
"low poly"  can you give a better ball park than that? like... 'most of our fences are under 100', or  'most of our flat rides are under 5000'.    Everyone has their own interpretation of low.  It's based on what they are comparing it to.  You know what you guys will compare it to.  We on the other hand..... ???

Coasterfreak

• Proud supporter of TPS
    • TPS-Syndicate
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 06:30:00 PM »
Actually a single fence can be a s low as 2-4 polys.... unless you are talking about the whole set of fences... Alpha textures work great for reducing poly counts!

C-A_99

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 06:41:36 PM »
A decent segment of mesh fence should use at least the following:
- A pair of quads for the alpha texture plane mesh fence.
- Enough polys for at least 3 or 4 sided bounding rails, which take the most polys.

It's important to remember not to get too obsessed over just poly counts but also texture optimization (i.e. repeat parts as appropriate, reduce UV dead space, etc.) and other factors.

Modeling for any specific project is impractical without any real information, but a lot of things can be obtained via conjecture of the screenshots posted. (i.e. Guidelines on model poly detail, texturing, use of normal/specular/AO maps, etc.)

Boomer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 06:45:38 PM »
Please don't take this as a thread to ask modeling tech specs etc.  That's all I can give you, so if you can work with that, have a go at any scenery you want as long as it is realistic and not to cartoonish. 
It doesn't have to be low, just preferred.  Make them anyway you want, to make it look good, we still have room for high polys but would prefer as low as possible and still make you happy with the outcome.  Like I said that's all I have for you now, sorry, just do the best you can and send it in.

I can add one more detail that you probably don't want; 1 unit equals 1 foot.

Sorry to be so vague on poly count but like I said, I'm not a modeler, but when I can get a word in edgewise I will ask the team about poly counts, but don't wait for that because I have already given out as much as I am allowed to and you are on your own, but don't worry about count, just make it and we'll take a look and if we like it, it will be in the game and you will receive credit for it.

Not what you wanted to hear but for the moment Dayradon, that's all I got.

toddwest

• "More sliders please!"
    • Disney Parks Earchive
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 06:57:46 PM »
It doesn't have to be low, just preferred.  Make them anyway you want, to make it look good, we still have room for high polys but would prefer as low as possible and still make you happy with the outcome.  Like I said that's all I have for you now, sorry, just do the best you can and send it in.

I can add one more detail that you probably don't want; 1 unit equals 1 foot.

OK, so if you can't say more just say so, but are you saying that the units are for the placement grid on a map?  The implication I'm getting is that you can't go smaller than 1 "unit" with designs.  Is that correct?

Boomer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 07:24:41 PM »
To answer your question toddwest, yes you can go smaller then a foot, or larger.  The 1 unit equals 1 foot, is just meant as a gauge for you to use for your model. Bigger or smaller doesn't matter its just meant as a scale to work with.

Anymore questions guys will have to go unanswered, by me anyway, as this is not my area of expertise and also really busy right now in other areas to keep answering individual questions about modeling, even though I realize you need information.

You will have to go with what you got or not, that's up to you.  Just look over everything we have released, take the info you do have and just do the best you can. 

Thanks for your considerations and cooperation.

Dayradon

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 07:51:43 PM »
Eww K, well a bit off a rush, but here's my pagoda for submission.  Just wide enough for a path  through the center and some benches I believe.

Boomer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 07:58:15 PM »
Very nice Dayradon!  I'll see to it that it gets looked at by team. Thanks for your submission. 

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.387 seconds with 22 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip