Author Topic: What would YOU like to see in Theme Park Studio?  (Read 142272 times)

castmemberzack

Re: What would YOU like to see in Theme Park Studio?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013, 05:37:27 PM »
I keep coming up with things... the universal studios tour vehicle.
This, for example, is an item I can tell you will not be something we create for Theme Park Studio...but...if someone wants to create the Universal Studios Tour Tram, there is absolutely nothing stopping anyone from building it, animating it, and importing it into Theme Park Studio.

This is the kind of user accessibility we are talking about.

I would like to see an example when you guys have time. Just how difficult it is and what programs are needed.

mark590

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 05:45:46 PM »
I would like to see all the types of roller coasters from B&M(winged), Intamin(blitz, giga, water coaster, LSM)
Then rides from Disney and Universal
then i would not mind having pre made parks from Cedar Fair and Six Flags to build from

willonthehill

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 06:03:33 PM »
I would like to be able to create highly themed rides (ex: rock n roller coaster and expedition everest at WDW). I would also like to have track switches were the coaster train changes direction. All kinds of flat rides and coaster types would be nice to! Theme Parks and Amusement Parks would be awesome!! I also would like to be able to add restaurants, drinks, bathrooms, and stuff like that too.

coasterteck

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2013, 06:43:00 PM »
I would like to see Transfer tracks and switch tracks, and places to store your roller coaster trains.

Sambo

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2013, 06:57:57 PM »
Rides are a must to be sure, but there are other major items:

• Buildings
  • Landscape
  • Water
  • Weather
  • Lighting
  • Underground
  • Particle Effects
  • User Customization

Buildings that can have adjustable wall/floor/roof sizes. Ability to provide user skins would be awesome. Trees and plants are a must as are paths - paths that are spline based not just columns and rows. Fences that keep guests constrained. Ability to make lakes, rivers, ponds, waterfalls, etc. Day/night cycles that are smooth and duration can be controlled by user. Lights that can be used at night or inside structures - at the users discretion or automatically. Ability to create underground spaces and tunnels. Particle effects for smoke, mist, fog, fire, etc. And as mentioned earlier - a level of user customization: Building rotation or tilt; coloration and texturization - possible provide user bitmap skins...

Rides are of course of primary importance, but it is these incidentals that differentiate a park from a county fair, an amusement park, or a full and deep theme park.  These are not subtle differences.

sm72

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2013, 07:14:16 PM »
I would like the ability to create kids rides as well as adult rides.  Hopefully there will be waterpark features as well, slides, wavepools, water coasters, etc. 

Also, is this going to be available for MAC?

Also, as mentioned by other users, all the latest and greatest coaster designs and flat ride designs should be incorporated.  The ability to make games for the sims to play and restaurants for them to enter and eat at.  As close to a real theme park experience as possible.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 07:18:36 PM by sm72 »

Coastergeek987

• Kickstarter Club Member
  • I'm a K'nex addict.
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2013, 07:28:31 PM »
It wouldn't be an amusement park without a miniature railway.

Even a real sized railway with coaches like the ones from BGT.

Some other items I'd like to see:
-Realistic queues.
-Turnstiles on the rides.
-Wooden Coasters with realistic supporting techniques.
-Realistic shops and services.
-A lot of choices in scenery, and building materials.
There's probably some other things, but these are the basics.
-CG
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 07:37:38 PM by Coastergeek987 »
ThemeParkStudio Moderator
My YouTube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/CoasterGeek987?

KCForce

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2013, 08:38:03 PM »
Realistic loading of tracked rides like roller coasters; passengers are qued up at air gates and all basically board at the same time when the gates open, instead of one at a time like on RCT.

Generic versions of every ride and then a themed one.  This would greatly expanded the themeablility and possibilities.

I personally don't care about money management; I realize many do, so I'd say the option should be for sandbox to have the option to turn money management on or off.

That's all I have for now, but I'm sure I'll be back with more later on. 

Sharon29060

• Favorite & First roller coaster: X-Flight
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2013, 08:58:55 PM »
I would love to see: Wing Coasters(like X-Flight :D), Hyper Twisted Coasters, Boomerang coasters, and many other types of roller coasters, and also the opportunity of making our own flat rides.  I can't wait for the game to be released! So excited! :D
Home Theme Park: SFGAm

castmemberzack

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2013, 09:00:42 PM »
3D coasters like Transformers and Spiderman. Those are so cool!

Trojanboy

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2013, 10:21:49 PM »
I think the main thing i would like to see the ability to manage the park like in they tycoon games. As fun as just building a park is, i think the challenge of having to manage money and save up to buy that awesome roller coaster is addicting.

dsnyprsn

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2013, 10:47:12 PM »
Any style of ride, attraction, and scenery you'd see in a Disney or Universal Studios park. 

Rides with double stations.  Continuous moving rides (like omnimovers).

Realistic Log/flume rides.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 10:52:44 PM by dsnyprsn »
"I don't want the public to see the world they live in while they're in the Park.  I want to feel they're in another world." -Walt Disney

Ale hm 96

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2013, 12:31:56 AM »
I would like to menage the number of people entering the park: would be nice to see the queue lines very full!  :D

Wildboy1983

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2013, 01:46:22 AM »
I would like to see curving paths that do not have to be made up of rectangles. To pave an area like in a real themepark would be new to a themepark game. The fluid and organic pathing is always what seems to be lacking.

StarshipAwsome

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2013, 01:48:18 AM »
In games like RCT3 I was never really good at building rides. However I was good at theaming my parks, so aslong as there is great options for themes ill have no problem. Things like Custom Logos for rides and parks, ride entrances and un-themed rides so that you can add themeing without having to worry about themeing thats already there.

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.321 seconds with 19 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip