Author Topic: What would YOU like to see in Theme Park Studio?  (Read 142339 times)

Xul

Re: What would YOU like to see in Theme Park Studio?
« Reply #1020 on: September 07, 2015, 07:41:42 AM »
I know I am a little bit "late" but when I purchased the game last year, this "poll" seemed to be almost completed.

But it's a fact that the game is not finished yet and I hope, one of the following points could be done by the developers. I don't think of general improvements, better performance or any kind of "bugs" in the game - this will be solved by pantera anyway. I#m thinking of some issues which came up to my mind during the last weeks when I played "phase 8" almost every day... ;)

I don't know if some of the points have already mentioned before, but I have no time to read 69 pages. I am sure, the guys from Pantera did read all of it and they will do their best. But the following points are a "must have" to me, not only "nice to have" - because this are crucially important elements in my opinion for a "perfect" theme park.

- the limit of coaster cars per track should be higher then 3
- objects / buildings of the same kind (e.g. coaster stations) should allow differnt colors/textures for each individual object, not only one look for all.
- we need a "water texture" to create lakes or ponds in different levels in the park. At the moment the water leve is "fixed" for the whole park which makes it impossible to have a lake in one part of the park and a valley (without water) in another part.
- a real "undo" button. How often do you build something "wrong" and it's very work-intensiv to delete it and restore all changes. A "One klick" option would be fantastic
- "real" lights, not just those "omni light balls". You should be able to put lights, spots and this stuff wherever you want - to buildings, coaster cars, flat rides. I think there are a lot of lights "prepared" already so I think this function will come with one of the next updates
- Particle effects and custom sound for coaster trains! You can put particle effects or sound files to any object in the park (apart from trees...). Even to flat rides. But not to coaster cars/trains. I think it would be great to have this feature
- Information signs! A selection of prepared signs which can be filled with individual text or pictures/graphics simply by typing a text in a pop up window or load up a jpeg/bmp from your local device. I'm not sure if this will be possible because of the "3d-aspect". But it's very complex to do this with textures and I am still not able to create textures anyway.
- we need more different "park guests". I think there are up to 12 different adult charakters and 6 children. When you have over 200 guests in your park, it's normal that equal looking characters are going to the same ride at the same time. And 4 times "guy with headphones" in one coaster car looks quite "strange". So it would be great to have more peeps looking indiuvidual in clothing and size.
- all park guests should have the same "AI". Some do recognize obstacles on a path, some don't (I#m not sure if this is just a "bug")

to be continued...  ;D

if they can bring in some of the points in the game (I don't expect all  ;) ), I will be satisfied

« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 07:49:51 AM by Xul »

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #1021 on: September 07, 2015, 08:08:14 AM »
First, Pantera does in fact read the forum and appreciates all suggestions made, but whether or not they will make it into the game depends on factors that I have no knowledge of.

I will take your suggestions one by one to let you know if to the best of my knowledge they had been either suggested before or passed on recently.

1. the limit of coaster cars per track should be higher then 3 - I personally had passed this on within about the past month.

2. objects / buildings of the same kind (e.g. coaster stations) should allow different colors/textures for each individual object, not only one look for all. - This had been suggested, but I will pass it on because it is a very good idea.

3. we need a "water texture" to create lakes or ponds in different levels in the park. At the moment the water leve is "fixed" for the whole park which makes it impossible to have a lake in one part of the park and a valley (without water) in another part. - This had been suggested time and again, but I do not think it will be in the final edition of the game at this time, but if TPS does fine I am hoping to see an expansion pack with this and other things in the future.

4. a real "undo" button. How often do you build something "wrong" and it's very work-intensiv to delete it and restore all changes. - there is an "Undo/Redo" already in the game.

5. "real" lights, not just those "omni light balls". You should be able to put lights, spots and this stuff wherever you want - Those light balls are light sources and can be scaled and placed wherever you want. In the final version I understand that when you test your park or enter the park the balls will disappear but the light won't.

6.  Particle effects and custom sound for coaster trains! You can put particle effects or sound files to any object in the park (apart from trees...). Even to flat rides. But not to coaster cars/trains. - this is already there.

7. Information signs! A selection of prepared signs which can be filled with individual text or pictures/graphics simply by typing a text in a pop up window or load up a jpeg/bmp from your local device. - these can be made with CS (if you can't make it, you could possibly request someone to do it and if their time permits they might be able to help you out.

8. we need more different "park guests". - There is only so many different guests that can be made otherwise the coding for  the peep AI would eat up the available system resources.

9. all park guests should have the same "AI". Some do recognize obstacles on a path, some don't - I believe this will be ironed out and polished before the game is completed.
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

Xul

« Reply #1022 on: September 07, 2015, 08:45:31 AM »
Thank you for the comments, abletudu.
Of course it is not possible for Pantera to implement all of the ideas you can find in this thread (and in my post). The game is almost in the "final phase" and any kind of changings or addinional features are expensive and need a lot of time. But they asked for new ideas some weeks ago (I think in one of the Announcements for phase 8) and this seems to be still a chance to implement some of my suggestions.

Referring to Point 4: The undo/redo does not work in my game. I can only use "undo" for a coaster track. For a simple path it often doesn't work. But all other objects and changings to the terrain I can't make "undone" step by step with this button. I know this would presuppose a lot of extra memory, but it's not impossible. You find it in a lot of Sim games.

Point 6: I don't agree. I can't put some smoke to the mine coaster steam engine or the sound of a jet to a wing coaster for example. I could do this to any flat ride, but not to the coasters. Don't ask me why I want to do this. It is just an example and I would like to have that opportunity... ;)

Point 8: I don't think that "randomized" clothing or hair colour would cause too much problems with the system resources. Especially not if the number of park guests is limited to 500. I do agree this is enough, but normal system resources should get along with even more. If not, you can reduce the maximum of guests anyway. But if I have only 50 guests in my park there should not be the same child with the same clothes 10 times (formulated somewhat exaggerated)...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 09:08:17 AM by Xul »

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #1023 on: September 07, 2015, 09:12:57 AM »
Sorry if I misunderstood what you were trying to explain, however:

#4 Undo/redo- It is set to work on the coasters because that is where the majority of complaints had been made. Possibly this is one thing that could be changed in an expansion pack if any are made, but this would depend on how well TPS does.

#6: Particle effects/sound - Particle effects can be attached to virtually anything as shown here where I attached the fire effects to the fire ring and dragon.

Sound can be attached to almost anything, but I will pass on the idea about the sounds being attached to trains.
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

Xul

« Reply #1024 on: September 09, 2015, 12:05:20 PM »
#6: Yes to almost everything - but NOT to coaster trains. It is even possible to attach all effects to "objects in motion" (the Flat Rides) but it's not possible to pick the coasters.

PandaCat

• I love pandas and cats :D
« Reply #1025 on: February 10, 2016, 05:45:06 AM »
I want water rides like log flumes and the ability to build water ride inside a cave :D

and I want scary rides like ghost trains and you can use the animation tool to make things move and jump out  :)

Eletigna

« Reply #1026 on: February 14, 2016, 01:29:57 AM »
Same here.

I also want to see ghost trains in TPS.  :)

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #1027 on: February 14, 2016, 03:54:15 AM »
Same here.

I also want to see ghost trains in TPS.  :)

Sorry to disappoint, but I think any "Ghost Trains" will have to be custom made, but not shown or linked on this forum per the rules.

JLW Games

« Reply #1028 on: February 19, 2016, 01:34:49 PM »
Top things I would love to see and also think will make TPS that much better!

-Money Management
-Game Modes (Career, Sandbox, Scenarios, etc)
-Dark Rides
-RMC Tracks (both wooden and steel styles)
-More interactive objects for guests (restaurants, food stalls, arcades, etc.)

Feel free to add on to this list.

RyanKu

• Kickstarter Club Member
  • Home Park Knoebels Amusement Resort
« Reply #1029 on: February 19, 2016, 06:52:17 PM »
I also would like to see transportation rides in Theme Park Studio like a train and Chair Lift

RyanK

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #1030 on: February 19, 2016, 06:54:22 PM »
I also would like to see transportation rides in Theme Park Studio like a train and Chair Lift

RyanK

Even though technically it is a roller coaster, I suppose that you could experiment a little with the wooden mine train to turn it into a train ride.

Goldrush 2010

« Reply #1031 on: March 11, 2016, 06:24:52 PM »
I would like to see rides that make use of the terraforming "natural' water features (ex creeks/rivers. Such as tour boats that have a route that you can set to travel through the park. The paddle boats from Bush Gardens, Williamsburg Va. come to mind.
  Also visitor controlled water rides that use the "natural" water features (ex. lakes)). The designer could set boundary limits for the ride. The rides could be set to return to the dock/station after a set time period.
 Tour trains to travel throughout the park would also be something I would enjoy. These tour rides I believe would be enjoyable to view your park from. Of course the TPS lighting and special effects (ex. fireworks, etc.) would work well with these rides if triggers could be placed along the routing.
  I know the game is nearly complete. Perhaps these could be developed to include in a future expansion pack.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 06:47:02 PM by Goldrush 2010 »

Alpaka

Smoother node system
« Reply #1032 on: June 04, 2016, 04:51:24 PM »
I would LOVE to see an improvement in smoothness to the nodes in TPS. Actually, I'd love to see something like NoLimits 2's node system where you place vertexes and it creates the track. Along with this, I'd like a smoothing option to it - in NoLimits 2, the smoothness is most likely close to none if you don't smooth the vertexes out.

Paul UK

• Global Moderator
  • Home Park - Chessington & Thorpe Park
« Reply #1033 on: June 05, 2016, 04:54:11 AM »
Hey Alpaka,
The track system is designed to be move intuitive and simple to use, a track smoothing tool is in the plans I believe so this should help you out.

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.303 seconds with 20 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip