Author Topic: Feb.12.2016 TPS Update and Final Community Requests  (Read 3121 times)

Theme Park Studio

• Administrator
Re: Feb.12.2016 TPS Update and Final Community Requests
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2016, 12:14:57 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions, they are very much appreciated. The current undo has a history of more than 2 or 3 undos and works well with coasters and paths. However, if there is a bug we are not aware of, please report it to Mantishub where we can look into it.   Currently it supports coaster tracks and paths. It is a real undo button but limited to those actions at the moment.  We listen to our backers and fulfill as many of their requests as possible.  We will look into expanding it to include other elements like objects and terrain. 

There are some great suggestions here.  Thanks to everyone who has been contributing.  You input is greatly appreciated.

BigDraco

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2016, 01:48:48 AM »
I forgot one!

Can you make guests blink? At present they just stare and when you are in line for a ride its real creepy!

Xul

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2016, 07:56:31 AM »
I really meant an undo function esp. for the Terrain editor. Because if you build a "wrong" hill or smooth the terrain a little bit "too much" it ich s very hard (or sometimes impossible) to rebuild the damage if you know what I mean... ;)

Thank you for the answer, I really appreciate your interacting with the community in this forum for it was really "quiet" during the last months here...

Rocket_Man_Jeff

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2016, 11:44:39 AM »
I completely second the statement that TPS keeps getting better with each update!  I in no way mean for these suggestions to sound like a list of demands...but since you asked I'll throw my two cents in! 

Things to fix/add for initial release:
  • Peep sounds/actions/stats.  The new ride sounds are great!  It'd be nice if the peeps had the same level of detail.
  • Water at different levels (possibly with waterfalls).
  • 'Other tracked rides' such as a log flume, miniature railroad, etc.
  • Ride Operators, mechanics, sweeps, etc.  It'd be awesome to have to option to operate the rides too!
  • Variable length stations and the ability to build a racing coaster.
  • Possibly improve issues with track/support collisions.
  • Go-Karts are awesome, but a bit glitchy for me.  I think the track should be variable width like the rest of the paths and that the karts should be able to roll backwards if stopped on an incline.  I also think it should be possible to drive the kart off the track if the fence/wall height is set to zero.  That would allow for all sorts of crazy track designs (thinking Mario Kart here...).
  • First Person View should have the ability to toggle a 'ghost mode', where you can walk through walls and such.  Several times I disembark from a ride incorrectly and get stuck under it!

Ideas for an Expansion Pack:
  • Pools/Water Slides.
  • Definitely build on the awesome interactive rides like the bumper cars and go-karts!  Mini Golf, carnival games, and haunted houses would be great!
  • Options for smaller, compact coasters like a wild mouse.
  • Underground building and tunnels.

Hope this provides some food for thought and please keep up the great work!  This has been an outstanding effort!

-Jeff

Kong Utah

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2016, 09:24:04 AM »
I've been loving TPS, and it's great to see developers genuinely interested in feedback from users.
Some things I think should be fixed as part of the main/core game include:
    Water at any level (currently cannot create a waterfall with source of origin because the terrain is higher than water level where waterfall lands). This will also allow for more terrain editing after you are further along into the building of your park (adding a lake or stream in areas that are higher in elevation, so they can become part of the environment near attratctions in that area).
     Set speed at which day turns to night - or turn off day to night feature and leave on one setting (this may be in the game already that I haven't found, so I apologize if it is). The reason for this is so when building paths, adding objects, editing terrain, building rides/coasters, etc it can be difficult to fine tune items/areas when the lighting changes during the build. This only affects "fine tuning" things, but would be a nice feature.
     Adding ride operators and other staff. And, allowing the sims to board the ride WHILE the other sims are exiting (example: on the ferris wheel, the people in line can't enter through the gates until the sims exiting the ride have completely exited the area). This defeats the purpose of having the entrance and exit points in different areas. And, the addition of ride operator to "manage" the riders would make this exchange of sims more realistic.
    Versatility to add tunnels and bridges for paths. Would be nice to leave terrain hilly/mountainous terrain and just build a tunnel path for guests, instead of leveling the area needed for the path.

As far as other additions, I personally would be very willing to pay for expansion packs that would include new larger components (similar to expansion packs for Cities: Skylines, Afterdark and Snowfall.  And, the Rush Hour expansion to Sim City). Items that would be great to see in TPS expansions would be (these have already been mentioned for the most part):
   Water Rides/Log Flume
   Haunted House/Mansion - Tower of Terror/Elevator drop type ride
   Building indoor coasters - Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc (where you could add lighting effects, trees, other objects
   Animatronics
   Skyride or Monorail - to transport guests to various areas of the park
   Smaller rides for children/families - would be nice to create specific family areas (including small "train" coaster for small children).  "You must be this tall to ride this ride" type rides.
     Thanks again for inviting feedback.

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2016, 09:48:51 AM »
Set speed at which day turns to night - or turn off day to night feature and leave on one setting (this may be in the game already that I haven't found, so I apologize if it is). The reason for this is so when building paths, adding objects, editing terrain, building rides/coasters, etc it can be difficult to fine tune items/areas when the lighting changes during the build. This only affects "fine tuning" things, but would be a nice feature.

My suggestion for this right now is not to use a dynamic environment while building those items, either use one of the night environments or the day environments and when you are satisfied, switch to a dynamic one where it cycles between day and night if you wish.

Sorry to say that I think the Haunted House/Mansion would probably not be added as it might vgiolate rule #1 in the rules and guidelines, but the ultimate decision on this is of course up to Pantera.

Animatronics can be done now either by using an external modeling program or using the animation tools in the game depending on the complexity of the model.

Water at any level. Versatility to add tunnels and bridges for paths. Would be nice to leave terrain hilly/mountainous terrain and just build a tunnel path for guests, instead of leveling the area needed for the path.

That might have to be left to a future expansion pack if one is made. Remember RCT3 did not have these until Soaked was released.

These are all good things, thank you and I am sure Pantera appreciates the feedback.
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

RyanKu

• Kickstarter Club Member
  • Home Park Knoebels Amusement Resort
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2016, 02:12:47 PM »
What I would like to see in the game is a management system where you can charge admission. Also I would like to see more Flat Rides in the game. Are more going to be added? Also I would like to see water rides and transportation rides get added in the game.

RyanK

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2016, 02:29:53 PM »
RyanKu, sorry, but if you mean money management it has been stated that it will not be included. However the other items are good suggestions and I'm sure Pantera appreciates it. If they are not included, possibly they could be in a future expansion pack if one is made. Thank you for them.
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

RyanKu

• Kickstarter Club Member
  • Home Park Knoebels Amusement Resort
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2016, 03:05:29 PM »
That's to bad there will be no money management without it the game doesn't feel like a real amusement park.  I do hope more Flat Rides will be added to the game.

RyanK

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2016, 03:41:39 PM »
Theme Park Studio is like the Sandbox mode of RCT3, but much, much better. Money management might be added in a later expansion pack if there is enough support and one is made. As it is I think TPS is really fantastic.

mctrade

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2016, 09:32:01 PM »
RMC HYBRID, S&S FREESPIN AND AN INTAMIN SKYROCKET PLZ! also maybe a new way to control a ride with a panel, make it like you are running a park!

speedgoy

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2016, 03:54:57 PM »
Water at different levels.
Water rides, slides, log flumes, ect
More coaster types like RMC, ect
Deeper ground digging and higher mountains and tunnles.
Peep reactions like raising hands happy sad shocked faces blinking eyes and sound.
Trains or transport rides (steam locomotive please)
Splitting a section of coaster track like you have a curve and it has the beginning point and the end you can like double click and it creates a node in the middle.
And maybe make the track flow more? like I have a bank part and then a turn well you can like tell where every node is cause of the smoothing maybe make the track flow a little better.
And a guest creator kinda like the one in rct3 but better!
Fix the dragging please after you place an object it wont move with your mouse you mouse goes ahead of the object.
And thats all! love the game so far.

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2016, 04:24:44 PM »
Pantera appreciates the suggestions, thank you.

coasterfreak05

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2016, 02:00:27 PM »
When can we expect the Platinum Edition to be shipped it seems like it's been forever since I first backed TPS!

speedgoy

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2016, 06:44:07 AM »
Request: Add tunnels, lower digging, bigger mountains, and water at different levels please. More coasters like RMC ect. Water slides! Locomotives and railroads. A simpler custom builder like snapping to edges of blocks and a system please. Ride operators. more guests and being able to customize your own guest. Make coasters flow better please, when you build coasters it's point to point it needs to flow better so maybe Bézier curve? Faster loading of objects. Dark rides. I hope you will take this into consideration as this is only requests and ideas.

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 18 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip