Author Topic: Workshop items and downloading question  (Read 1031 times)

elnarador

Workshop items and downloading question
« on: December 05, 2015, 11:11:42 AM »
First, realize I have a very, very slow internet connection right now (tether through phone) and it gets about 25kb/s download when it runny well.

So I subscribed to a work shop park and I noticed that on my steam download screen, it downloaded all 25Mb (took about 20 minutes) and shows on my downloaded screen as complete.  (This is without TPS running).  But where did it go?   For the life of me I can't figure where it was saved.  Opening up TPS and going to my subscribed work shop items, it is listed, but then it goes in downloading again.  That seems pretty silly.  I looked in download folder, all the TPS folders and a bunch of random Steam files for it. 

I am sure there is something really obvious here I am going to feel rather silly.  But I really gotta know.

Narad

elnarador

Re: Workshop items and downloading question
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 12:56:30 PM »
Edit: Seems Abletudo's response describing the way to load parks within TPS is gone or deleted or something....anyway....a bit more info:

Thanks and I know how that works. I can get a workshop item to open from within TPS, but it monopolizes TPS for 20-60 minutes and I want to play the game while it downloads so slowly (for me).   Much prefer to be able to download the file ahead of time (like when I am sleeping).

My question is with Steam......when I click subscribe, it actually downloads the file somewhere (outside of TPS).   It must be saving it somewhere.  Why else would it bother doing that? 

If you don't know what I am talking about, click subscribe on a park and then check you steam download screen (click LIBRARY/DOWNLOADS) and you see the park you subscribed to is downloading.  If it is downloading it (outside of TPS) and you can't open up what it downloads, that would be a complete waste of bandwidth and time.   This is more of a Steam question than a TPS question, I guess.

When you have such a slow connection, you gotta manage it . Not a complaint, just a fact of life.

Narad
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 01:07:40 PM by elnarador »

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 01:18:23 PM »
I am so sorry, I misunderstood exactly what you were asking for. I was describing how I download from the workshop. Now that I know that you did not want to be running the game at the same time, I can tell you to look in your Documents folder for a subfolder named theme park studio. You should find the workshop items that you downloaded there.

I also want to welcome you to the forum and let you know that if you have any specific suggestions or requests that Pantera will appreciate them.
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

elnarador

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 01:37:34 PM »
Thanks, I have been here before just not for a long time.  I took a break because I was getting overly frustrated at the state of the early access game a year ago.  (Happy I got the game...but wasn't willing to deal with limitations)  Seems to have improved now and has had most of the phases implemented. 

Unfortunately, I don't see anything recent in Theme Park Studio folder in My documents.  Only the stuff I put there a year ago (I searched by date).  So it's not going into "My documents" or any subfolder in it.  I have reviewed everything in the Theme Park Studio folder in the steamapps chain of sub folders. 

Any other clues?

Narad

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 01:50:21 PM »
Give me a few minutes to check something and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing where it goes since the official way is to download while in the game. And, in the case of parks, once it is downloadedand loaded into the game simply save as normal, restart TPS, and open the saved park from the file menu.
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

davaze

• Kickstarter Club Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 07:19:10 AM »
Just tried to download from the workshop outside TPS and found the file in below folder.

Check out similar folder structure after downloading the file. Mine is from windows 7

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\164032199\ugc\referenced\47604580442964475

davaze

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 08:24:17 AM »
So i did another test and subscribed to abletudu Arc Bridge. After it downloaded it was found in below folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\164032199\ugc\referenced\396677383908976793

Please check after subscribing that it is downloading, i noticed it sometimes take a little time before it starts the download. After downloading look in below folder. Every objects seems to create its own subfolder ID number as seen above. Let me know if it is true for you as well.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\164032199\ugc\referenced\

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 08:34:21 AM »
Thanks, did not know that.

davaze

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2015, 09:08:45 AM »
Seems like the dowloaded archives have password protection. Have to see if i can find out what is used.

RocketHound

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 02:29:43 PM »
I have the same problem with a password protected zip. Did you ever resolve it?

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 03:22:48 PM »
So i did another test and subscribed to abletudu Arc Bridge. After it downloaded it was found in below fol
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\164032199\ugc\referenced\396677383908976793

Please check after subscribing that it is downloading, i noticed it sometimes take a little time before it starts the download. After downloading look in below folder. Every objects seems to create its own subfolder ID number as seen above. Let me know if it is true for you as well.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\164032199\ugc\referenced\

If you download it into your park and take a screen shot then crop and resize it to 50x50 pixels to be saved as a thumbnail, you can export it to your custom scenery folder.  Any time you export custom items, you have to  close TPS and restart TPS to have it show up in the game.

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.229 seconds with 22 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip