Author Topic: Twister - New Flatride WIP  (Read 2827 times)

davaze

• Kickstarter Club Member
Twister - New Flatride WIP
« on: September 16, 2015, 11:19:10 AM »
Besides updating my previous rides for phase 8 i also had another ride in mind which i'm working on and will call it "Twister".
This ride is made without any resources or from any existing ride (maybe it exist but i did not use any reference).

The ride is just below 40k poly and i'll be working on the texture maps soon as well.
Each car can hold 4 guest which makes this ride bigger then others. The cars will rotate around their own axis by gravity but not from the center. The 4 discs will rotate and the main disc will rotate creating some nice movements on the cars.

Stay tuned!

Xul

Re: Twister - New Flatride WIP
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 12:28:02 PM »
Superb Model!

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 04:40:29 PM »
Can hardly wait!
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

BigDraco

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 08:54:41 AM »
Stunning

Parkman

• TPS Addict!
    • Theme Park Hub
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 06:00:03 PM »
Awesome! Is this the same ride as Calypso/Tiki Twirl or whatever they call it now at Cedar Point?
WHAT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR... TPS!!!

Homepark: Canada's Wonderland (Ontario, Canada)
Steam Username: Parkman_98

davaze

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 12:29:11 AM »
Thanks guys. I have no idea if this ride exist. I made this completely from my head, not used or watched any reference.

Parkman

• TPS Addict!
    • Theme Park Hub
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 02:05:14 PM »
Well great job then! It does in fact look similar to Tiki Twirl (also similar to Spinovator at Canada's Wonderalnd), especially with the post-thingys along the outside. However, rather than having all cars face the same direction (like your model does), these rides face so they "chase" each other in a circle. Very nice all in all.

davaze

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2015, 11:41:08 PM »
Hi Parkman, the cars are facing the same direction only for import purposes. Once imported and animated, the cars will rotate around their own axis with the center of gravity at the front of the cars not in the center. After finishing the texture maps I'll start animation and hope to show some footage.

Parkman

• TPS Addict!
    • Theme Park Hub
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 05:06:34 PM »
Okay... so they'll be spinning freely (somewhat similar to a tilt-a-whirl)?

davaze

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 11:57:37 PM »
Yes correct!

Restless Bohemian

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2015, 08:28:18 PM »
Beautiful model! Ditch that square base and it's perfection!!!

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015, 09:23:56 PM »
I like the square base, it will make it easier to place in the park.
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

Restless Bohemian

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2015, 12:14:07 PM »
 ??? But square bases make parks look like an old video game instead of a theme park! Getting off and away from the square grid is the best part of TPS. Either way it's a beautiful model that I would grateful to include in my parks. 

Xul

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2015, 11:15:21 AM »
I agree Restless Bohemian. A square base is not "ugly" inevitably, but it's no longer necessary in a game like TPS. You can place any model exactly where you want to have it and connect it to the path anyway. Maybe it is easier to plave it right to the main path with a square base, but it looks like a ride on "Oktoberfest" and not like a permanent attraction in a theme park.

But the model itself looks great, no question!!!

davaze

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2015, 04:37:14 AM »
Hi guys,

Thanks for your comments. I do agree on the square pad that's why i try to mixmatch my rides. Some have square some have not. I also have been thinking to create the rides without the use of a pad so you could create the pad within TPS and place the ride on it. One disadvantage of that is that when creating a square or round pad with TPS, once you change texture of that pad it will change the texture of all the same pads used in the park. They seem to be all instances. If i include the pad you can change the texture without any other being affected. Some like round some like square so it is kind of difficult to serve both at the same time. If you still like to see this ride without a pad then leave some comments for me.

I still need to work on the textures because i'm traveling and cannnot work on it but will continue once back. Also i'm waiting for the next update to see what has been improved or added which i can include in my rides as well. That is also why i not yet released the Turbo Polyp. Stay tuned and leave your comments as they are always helpfull.

Thanks guys!

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.272 seconds with 21 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip