Author Topic: My New Park Phase 8  (Read 3416 times)

Paul UK

• Global Moderator
  • Home Park - Chessington & Thorpe Park
My New Park Phase 8
« on: August 14, 2015, 02:11:52 PM »
Here is my New Park created from scratch in Phase 8!
4 Flat Rides, 3 Coasters and a large Food Court!!!

« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 04:28:10 AM by ProdProd »

abletudu

• Administrator
Re: My New Park Phase 8
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 02:13:01 PM »
Looks very nicely laid out!
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

Paul UK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 02:20:52 PM »
Thanks John
I have tried to make the largest part of the park Symmetrical with the coasters in the trees at the back!

Xul

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 05:07:06 AM »
Looks well planed to me... 8)

In what "order" do you or the other guys build "complex" parks?

First the environment including hills, lakes and trees. And then the paths. And filnally flat rides and coasters? Or first the rides and after that the matching paths. And trees and hills at the end when the park already "works"?

I find it very hard to build paths into an existing park for example. Especially because the often "destroy" my terrain. But it seems to be unsuitable to have a path before you create the coaster station or a flat ride.

Has anybody a good advice for the best order to build a park?

Paul UK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 02:12:34 PM »
Hey Xul
Thanks.
What I usually do is Landscape, then Paths, Flat Rides, Coasters and finally Scenery (trees etc. Been using that method since RCT days.
Cheers

BigDraco

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 08:57:10 AM »
First, can I say - what a great park! Love the layout. Will be interesting to see if all your peeps go straight for the coasters or ride the flat rides first.

As for building parks, I nearly always start with major landscaping first as I try to use this to good effect when building the coasters.

Once landscaping is done (no trees) I will layout my main path "loop" avoiding areas where I know I want to have coasters. Coasters are big things and whilst I will have paths running through them (sometimes), I tend to think "That area is for a wooden coaster, that area is for a floorless" etc etc

Then the coasters start going up. Once a coaster is in in place, I will build the path(s) to it or through it.

Flat rides are next and this is where I try to utilise gaps or special features in the landscape.

Last, is the trees, shops, lights and other scenery. I will often place the trees in and around a coaster once the coaster is how I want it - it's much easier to adjust a coaster without trees in the way.

I do find that my coaster "sink into the ground" this is despite bolting all paths and coasters. It's something to with paths I think and the "clear", "clear and raise" options being set. I do so often forget this! I hope in the final version of TPS the "Undo" will undo ground movements as well as coaster blunders.

Paul UK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 12:30:21 PM »
Hey BigDraco

I also have some issues with ground disappearing under the supports when I use water, but I just delete the supports and redo them after raising and smoothing the ground!!

The peeps actually go all over the park, some go to the flat rides, some sit down and some head straight for the coasters.
I think it must be built in for them to utilise all available rides.
However, my monster ride is not working properly anymore.  The gate opens the peeps get on, then the exit gate opens and they get back off! It doesn't move.

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 12:38:04 PM »
Check your options under the tools, is it possible that you have the time lapse slider turned up (to the right) this might be affecting it as I know you definitely will take a hit on the FPS since this is meant to fill the park quicker. Once you get a lot of peeps in the park (providing that you have rides and benches for them to interact with) be sure to turn it back down (to the left).
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

Paul UK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 01:53:46 PM »
My timelapse setting is all the way to the left but to be honest, I'm not really bothered that the monster doesn't work! I mean the game isn't even in BETA yet, so being in ALPHA i'm surprised that it works at all! :o) I believe it's pretty awesome for early access software.

I have NoLimits 1 and 2, RCT3 and being a coaster software enthusiast, I have pre-ordered Planet Coaster and will buy RCTW!  But then that's me, I like to use lot's of different Coaster and Park games! That doesn't mean I'm not very impressed with what Pantera are doing here, I'm right behind them and why I supported them on KickStarter in the first place.

I however don't favour one over the other, they all do what they do in thier own way, and I like the choice to use lots of programs.

So thank you guys at Pantera, for your amazing work so far!  Also thanks Atari for reimagining RCT with your World edition and for the first time listening to the community and finally, well done Frontier for jumping back on the bandwagon with Planet Coaster, i wish you all the best.

Having multiple Park and coaster games coming to market can only help the genre expand.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 01:55:33 PM by ProdProd »

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 02:06:58 PM »
Having multiple Park and coaster games coming to market can only help the genre expand.

We can only hope! lol!

Xul

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2015, 06:44:11 AM »
Can somebody report this "supports are sinking into the ground"-thing to the developers? Or explain how to avoid it to me?

I build a new park (in phase 8) some days ago. It looked pretty nice and everythink worked fine. But suddenly (I only made some adjustments on some coaster nodes and set some trees) almost all supports of 2 coasters (there are 4 coasters in the park) are sunk in the ground and created big craters. And some of the paths are no longer "walkable" for the park guests. I definitely made no changes to the paths, but they are no longer connected to the coaster stations. It seems that the 2 coasters completly sunk approximately 10 feet, including all supports and the stations .But this was definitely not the case before I saved the park. But now it's ruined. I know I could delete all the supports, re-create the paths and smooth the ground. But I am not happy about it! >:(

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2015, 08:15:03 AM »
Reported.

BigDraco

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2015, 08:40:35 AM »
Can somebody report this "supports are sinking into the ground"-thing to the developers? Or explain how to avoid it to me?

I build a new park (in phase 8) some days ago. It looked pretty nice and everythink worked fine. But suddenly (I only made some adjustments on some coaster nodes and set some trees) almost all supports of 2 coasters (there are 4 coasters in the park) are sunk in the ground and created big craters. And some of the paths are no longer "walkable" for the park guests. I definitely made no changes to the paths, but they are no longer connected to the coaster stations. It seems that the 2 coasters completly sunk approximately 10 feet, including all supports and the stations .But this was definitely not the case before I saved the park. But now it's ruined. I know I could delete all the supports, re-create the paths and smooth the ground. But I am not happy about it! >:(

Thank you! I thought it was just me who had this problem and thanks for reporting it to the developers - drives me nuts as well.

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2015, 09:01:28 AM »
One question: Exactly what adjustments were made?

Xul

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2015, 10:28:53 AM »
One question: Exactly what adjustments were made?
I changed some values for break power, changed the track color,  did move some supports. Nothing special I think. I was really satisfied with this park, and now it looks like the surface of the moon! Will post a screenshot later...

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.362 seconds with 21 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip