Author Topic: Phase 8 Flat ride updates  (Read 3917 times)

davaze

• Kickstarter Club Member
Re: Phase 8 Flat ride updates
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2015, 02:21:35 AM »
Hi Xul,

Would love to see some of your parks with some of the rides created by me. Interesting to know if you ever tried to re-color the rides to your liking :-)

I'll be working on the Turbo Polyp animations soon and finish the texture maps for the Twister as well.
Stay tuned!

Xul

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2015, 09:34:39 AM »
I will load up some pics/vids when the parks are finished. And the parks will definitely have some of your flat rides.
I love to re-colour most of the existing rides and coasters. This always gives any park an unique look. So it is very positive if custom rides are "re-colorable" like yours. Unfortunately that's not always the case.

But as I told befor I interrupted working on my parks in TPS. Because I want to wait for further updates. And because I purchased another simulation game (no theme parks or coasters...) and this takes all my freetime these days...

davaze

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2015, 06:39:32 AM »
Well, Turbo Polyp is coming along great. Just finished the animations again.
Below some video off ride and on ride. Hope you'll like it. If you notice some flickering then it is caused by the video recording and does not happen in the game!
After I finished some small details I will release the ride on Steam Workshop.
Stay tuned.

Off ride:
! No longer available

On ride:
! No longer available
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 07:25:14 AM by davaze »

BigDraco

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2015, 07:25:04 AM »
That is stunning!

2 questions:

1). Will the lights work that or will we have to do weird things to get them to work? (That is, will we be able to download and install without doing anything)

2). Will the lights work in daylight or only at night?

I ask that last one as many fairground rides lights work during the day.

davaze

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2015, 07:46:30 AM »
Hey BigDraco,

Thanks!
To your questions:
1. As of now you still have to change the shader type for the lights. I hope that with a new update of TPS this will work. Up to now it does not save the shader type. Once I release it I will write which objects to change to which shader type in the descriptions as I did with my other rides. Sorry, can't help it.

2. The lights will always work, also during daytime however in the dark it is better seen.

Once I release the ride I will write important notes in the description but is not that difficult. Of course feel free to ask me on the forums as well if needed.

Stay tuned!

davaze

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2016, 01:01:56 AM »
Hey guys! Everyone a happy New Year and all the best for 2016!

It has been a while but I have been too busy (business) that I could hardly do anything. However I do have some good news.
I can share that after the release of the upcoming TPS update I will re-release some of the rides. I have found that the bug with Move It 24 ride has been resolved and now works with phase 8. Also the bug with the lights not working has been resolved.
After I re-release the rides with the upcoming update the lights should work from start, no more messing around needed.
Rides I will re-release after the upcoming TPS update will be:
- Himilaya
- Break Dance
- Move It 24
- Turbo Polyp

After that I hope to work again on the textures for the new Twister ride as well as updating the Huss Condor and Hyper Tension. So stay tuned after Pantera releases their new update!

Xul

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2016, 02:04:46 AM »
Sounds great, @davaze...
Glad to hear you seem to solve this problem with light effects for your creations!
I hate to re-create the lights for the custom stuff even if I should find out a method to do this very easy. But it would be still anoying...

And of course:
Happy New Year to everyone!

davaze

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2016, 02:46:56 AM »
This was actually an issue in TPS and has been fixed in the upcoming release!
However I do have to re-release these ride to overcome this bug but it should work in the upcoming release.

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2016, 03:36:09 AM »
This was actually an issue in TPS and has been fixed in the upcoming release!
However I do have to re-release these ride to overcome this bug but it should work in the upcoming release.

Great news!
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 22 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip