Author Topic: The Xul Coaster Paradise  (Read 2268 times)

Xul

The Xul Coaster Paradise
« on: May 21, 2015, 01:20:24 AM »
My first Park with some custom lights and a few particle effcts. And my first shuttle coaster ever... 8)
I will load up some videos on You Tube in a couple of days  ;)

« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 02:33:02 AM by Xul »

abletudu

• Administrator
Re: The Xul Coaster Paradise
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 05:49:45 AM »
Very interesting
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

BigDraco

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 04:09:50 AM »
Do all those coloured lights on that coaster cause too much of a hit on fps?

Looks a great park!

Xul

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 11:38:29 AM »
I was surprised, but the lights have no real effect on the fps. The coasters are "running" with 25-35 FPS (most parts of the tracks...) on a "clear day" with all lights off. And at night with that lights the FPS is between 20 and 30. The Mine Train (Steel Coaster Version) and the Inverted Coaster have block sections with 2 trains on the track. That means there are 5 active Coasters in the park. With 3 Coasters (no block brakes) the FPS is much higher (40 or even better; the same at night modus).

You will maybe see this in a video (10-15 minutes running time!) I have prepared. The upload is coming in the next few days I think... ;D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 03:09:25 PM by Xul »

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 12:44:19 PM »
Of course FPS depends on a lot of things, the two main things are:

1. Your hardware (GPU, etc) and how well it handles TPS
2. The amount of details on the screen (More details - lower FPS and vice versa). For example, that's why if you are facing a wooden coaster your FPS will be lower than if you are facing a steel coaster, due to the amount of detail in the wooden supports vs. the supports of a steel coaster (wooden supports have a lot more detail that has to be processed).
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

Xul

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 12:56:44 PM »
Absolutly right, abletudu! For that reason e.g. I build the steel coaster version of the mine train in my park. With the wooden coaster my fps would go down to 10 or something  :-\
Lights, hills or vegetation seem to have no big effects on the FPS. But the number of coasters has of course and especially the number of trains on that tracks. And I have recognized that some particle effects have a very big influence on the FPS. I created only one (!) firework sphere template, inactive until a train comes near. But the FPS went down to 15 (instead of 45) immediately! When I deleted the particle effect, the FPS became normal again.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 12:37:28 PM by Xul »

Xul

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2015, 01:06:48 AM »
And here comes the first video of my newest park:

You might have noticed some lagging in this video. This is a problem with the settings in my recording tool (I have to try out better settings). In the game everything works fine.

And I know that these coasters are not "realistic"; riding parts of the track in real life would harm you. But I followed the motto "The only limit is your imagination" - and this coaster park is a park for real men, not for little girls... 8)

BigDraco

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 04:11:58 AM »
Great video!

Would love to ride these in real life. I bet you had real fun with the settings on LoOOop before it worked.

Great stuff

Paul UK

• Global Moderator
  • Home Park - Chessington & Thorpe Park
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 11:03:57 AM »
Nice park Xul!

Xul

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 01:07:32 PM »
Thank you everyone!  :)

It wasn't to difficult to create "The LoOOop" by the way. Of course I have to build one accelarator before the first big loop, but then the coster was able to make the other, smaller loops without any further help, and also climbed the final "hill track". And than it rolls back as planned and also could make the 3 loops again, but not the last one...
Therefore I had to build another accelerator there. But now the coaster ran to fast through the station and the speed on the other parts of the track was no longer "smooth" (I hope you understand what I mean, it's not easy for me to describe that in englisch  :-\); so I decided to build brakes and accelerators on any loop. But it worked perfectly already in the second or third attempt... 8)

The hardest part in this park was, to be honest, setting most of the supports manually to the right positions. It's a nice feature in TPS that supports are built automatically, but on "narrow coasters" with a lot of tracks close to each other it is unsuitable sometimes. I'd like to have an "Auto Supports on/off function" for the future... ;)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 01:19:13 PM by Xul »

Paul UK

• Global Moderator
  • Home Park - Chessington & Thorpe Park
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 12:41:56 AM »
I agree with you on the Auto supports, I usually delete all of them and then put my own on the coaster.

BigDraco

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2015, 02:59:50 AM »
I agree on the supports side of things.

I don't think TPS has once got a corkscrew right seeming to place the supports on the wrong side of the track.

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 08:18:12 AM »
I find that if you use a large loop, the train will run through it with no problem as long as the drop before the loop is higher than the loop so that the train can gain the rquired speed to make the loop, and the reverse would have to be true to make it go backward through the loop again. remember that anytime a coaster climbs an incline it will lose some of its momentum.

I am not sure exactly what it is you are trying to accomplish, if you could possibly post a sketch or screenshot I might be able to help further.

muchwoo

• Kickstarter Club Member
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2015, 08:44:34 AM »
Great work, you are really creative!

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2015, 03:12:20 PM »
Using the preset corkscrew, the supports are one the right side as seen here:

However, if you use the horizontal mirror the supports won't be as seen here (mirrored horizontally):

this has been reported to the developers so that it could be corrected.

However as you can see by the above the statement by BigDraco, "I don't think TPS has once got a corkscrew right seeming to place the supports on the wrong side of the track." is incorrect.

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.473 seconds with 22 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip