Author Topic: Will it be complicated?  (Read 1423 times)

puppyjonathan

• Kickstarter Club Member
  • I'm stuck in the OSTR
Will it be complicated?
« on: March 14, 2013, 03:19:30 PM »
I know this topic will be locked as it may be too early to ask, but I watched the custom scenery video and the Custom Flat Rides one, and that looked extremely complicated and I'm just wondering if it will be that hard to build or if there will be an easy build option
Big Disney Parks Fan!

Krankin4

• Administrator
  • Proud supporter of TPS
    • RCT3CSOS Custom Objects And More
Re: Will it be complicated?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 07:40:39 AM »
Unless one of the programmers can jump in and post (I know their super busy) Don't be distraint there will be tutorials to guide you along the way. There will be some pre-loaded stuff to get your started.

I thought the vids explained it pretty well and did think it looked that hard. You select the shape be it cylinder or block once placed you drag it to the height or wide you want, add pre-loaded windows and doors. In the case of the flat ride you add the physics (joints, pivots, rotation) from a pre-loaded library (they are point and click)  and you adjust the numbers in the tool panel to make the swings and rotations to your liking.

You can always try to prefab your models in Sketchup or some 3d modeling program. Check out "How to get started modeling" topic and think you'll find it will open up a whole new world for some.

Lastly get custom stuff from the exchange when people start sharing through the exchange.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 07:44:24 AM by Krankin4 »

C-A_99

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 02:38:34 PM »
This is the beauty of TPS: That they're not afraid to get into some advanced features that may take time (more or less depending on the user's background) to learn. I know that when I load up TPS for the first time, I will not be able to instantly throw together a working flat ride, but it will be exciting to learn and explore the features provided. Think about it: An interface to create your very own flat ride, that you can quite possibly experience a POV of (hasn't been confirmed yet if you actually can). Either way, this is completely unprecedented; never been done before.

Perhaps one of the strengths of part of the RCT3 community is how open people are to share and reuse things; a huge contrast to NoLimits were few things are ever reused and require clear permission from the creator to use. From what it looks, TPS's community may have the same advantage, which, even if you prefer to make your own stuff exclusively, is still nice to have. (i.e. Why model your own Carousel when someone on the exchange or community repository has done a much better job already?) Something like a "Sketchup Warehouse" could be a great idea for TPS.

Krankin4

• Administrator
  • Proud supporter of TPS
    • RCT3CSOS Custom Objects And More
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 03:01:56 PM »
When I talked to the programmer a while back I did I mention a toggle switch to run the inter face between basic and advance. Hopefully it will be included as I know some will just want the basics of the game and like you said C-A_99 there is the exchange and Sketchup Warehouse.

Just be advised if it comes from the Sketchup Warehouse there may be some copyright issues that may effect your park if you put it up on the exchange. Every file will be looked at before its released on the exchange on this site. I know as of now you can use the models for your own use but can don't think the could be uploaded to another site without the authors written permission. I will look further into this.

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 24 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip