Author Topic: RIP Rollercoaster Tycoon Series  (Read 887 times)

dvln821

• Kickstarter Club Member
RIP Rollercoaster Tycoon Series
« on: March 05, 2015, 03:25:29 PM »
So the new rollercoaster tycoon that they had so much hype for had a trailer shown released with gameplay today. Spoiler alert: It was laughable. Awful. Horrid. Not only did the recreate the awfulness that was rollercoaster tycoon 3ds but they also reinvented the graphics of the playstation 2. There were no banked curves, Illogical physics engine (coasters go the same speed even if they go up/down hill and monorail stops immediately when it arrives at station), there was NO terrain adjustment whatsoever, the water looked really flat and unrealistic, it has graphics worse than RCT 3, and they played the pov footage of a real rollercoaster throughout the whole trailer to 'compare' the 'realism' and how 'close' their game matched real rollercoasters. I for one think they were just doing this to show how horrid it looked in comparison to the real thing. I understand they had a low budget to work with but this was an utter failure. If you're going to try to penny pinch us, then atleast try to make the trailer interesting enough to hide the awful quality of the game. This is why they didn't have any gameplay footage yet, it was so awful they wanted to build more hype before releasing a real one.

I'm sticking with ThemeParkStudio and No Limits 2. Both of them don't even need to have 'No in app purchases' as a selling point because they never had in app purchases.

I'm sorry to disappoint you all, but unless you are a hardcore Rollercoaster tycoon fan, this game would not be for you. It is a downgraded version of RCT 3, theme park world, and RCT 3ds. I don't think RCT will go on for much longer so your better off just enjoying the first 3 games. Thank you Chris Sawyer, for bringing us the first two games of the series that made its way into our hearts in our childhoods.

Here's the new trailer:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 03:38:11 PM by dvln821 »

Darkness

• I love rollercoasters!
Re: RIP Rollercoaster Tycoon Series
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 03:11:19 PM »
Wow this was just wow and I honestly think RCT3 actually looks way better than whatever this crap is.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 03:13:03 PM by Darkness »

BigDraco

Re: RIP Rollercoaster Tycoon Series
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 09:21:03 AM »
That wasn't even RCT2 with ability to ride the rides - that was just...  ???

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 22 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip