Author Topic: Train & Flat Ride Designer Thread  (Read 7145 times)

Mr.Brightside711

• Kickstarter Club Member
  • $100 Club
Train & Flat Ride Designer Thread
« on: April 15, 2013, 10:49:50 PM »
All members of the Kickstarter Club who pledged $100 or more will receive the ability to work with developers to create a custom train or flat ride that could be featured in the final product! This thread is for discussion, brainstorming, sharing, ideas, and anything else related to creating your train or flat ride.  :D
Tatsu, T-Express, Iron Rattler!

Mr.Brightside711

• $100 Club
Re: Train & Flat Ride Designer Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 11:00:09 PM »
I've been thinking about what kind of train to design. I love B&M but I'm sure most of them will be included in the game. However, there is a rumor that they are working on creating some kind of modern launch coaster. It would be a looping coaster so able to all the inversions regular sit downs can do. But I want it without OTS Restraints. Maybe lap bars like B&M hypers or Intamin's Skyrush. So what do you guys think?

C-A_99

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 11:24:43 PM »
My temptation is that I would want to use the opportunity to introduce a favorite real ride (from historical rides to real concepts that are drawn, but not implemented, i.e. various S&S 4D designs shown at IAAPA) that doesn't make the cut to TPS, but I guess that would be boring lol.

In that case, I'd go for something realistic that combines my favorite aspects of several manufacturers. B&M's 4-row seats and clamshell restrains with Intamin's stadium seating and oddly strong track spline? I don't know honestly. =p

Of course, I wont't actually pick since I didn't choose to invest that much in the Kickstarter.

Edit: Not anymore, since I raised my pledge to $100.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 04:42:40 PM by C-A_99 »

Mr.Brightside711

• $100 Club
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 11:46:27 PM »
Doesn't hurt to give ideas and feedback though! :]

Mr.Brightside711

• $100 Club
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 09:49:22 PM »
http://imgur.com/a/lZ9h2 Here is the start of my model... The final product will look like a mix between a sitdown and hyper. Hope you like it :]

Mr.Brightside711

• $100 Club
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 11:12:27 AM »
I'm kind of stuck with where I should take the B&M launch design..... I want it to feel like B&M but I don't want it to be too similar to an existing design... What should I do?

Boomer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 02:15:10 PM »
If you mean what do you do, in TPS, the answer is easy.  You make or import your design with the ride editor, tweak it to the way YOU like it, call it the Mr.Brightside711 launched Scream Machine (or something) then download to the TPS custom ride exchange pool so we all can launch that bad boy.

If you're asking what you should do outside the parameters or TPS with your work in progress, you're on your own, but I would suggest that, since you live in California, land of theme parks and rollercoasters, that you make your way as quick as you can to the nearest Theme Park that's closest to you and jump on a B&M launched coaster and ride that puppy until you are sure you "have the feel"  then go home and start sketching away.  Motivation is all you need my friend.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 02:18:08 PM by Boomer »

Mr.Brightside711

• $100 Club
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 02:56:11 PM »

make your way as quick as you can to the nearest Theme Park that's closest to you and jump on a B&M launched coaster and ride that puppy until you are sure you "have the feel"  then go home and start sketching away.

Not sure what you meant by this since the B&M launched coaster does not exist in real life yet. It is just a rumor that they are working on a modern launch coaster (as well as a 4th dimension coaster). xP

Boomer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 03:56:13 PM »
Yeah I am aware of that, but was just trying to be funny and meant ride a coaster and pretend its a B&M for inspiration purposes.  Actually I was just kidding about the whole comment about going to a theme park.

Sometimes (most times) my stupid dry humor falls on deaf ears and I should be more careful to explain myself better.  Sorry Mr.Brightside711, didn't mean to confuse you.

But at least I took the time to find out where you were from. ;)

Mr.Brightside711

• $100 Club
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 04:10:15 PM »
Haha its okay... I sometimes have a hard time telling when people are joking or not... :P

Krankin4

• Administrator
  • Proud supporter of TPS
    • RCT3CSOS Custom Objects And More
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 02:31:08 AM »
Nice start Mr. B. will be looking for updates but be sure to post them in the "show us you models" thread. Good luck with the design.

Coastin' Dave

• Phil 4:13, John 3:16 and Rom 1:18-25
    • www.realtycoon3.com
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 06:00:39 PM »
I just made my pledge. I have so many trains I love, but there's only one that I can choose for this. The Rock 'n' Rollercoaster Limo Train! It is essentially a themed classic corkscrew train. It is themed to a 57' cadillac eldorado (or at least I think it's 57...) and features all sorts of cool details. There are 6 trains, and 5 different liscense plates. Correct me if I'm wrong, but working with TPS artists means that we will recieve help modleing our train for TPS correct? I can't seem to capture some of the limo train's finer details and colors, but it looks like the designers at TPS can help so I really look forward to it. And with the pledge I recieve an oculous rift, correct? Because experiencing Rock 'n' Rollercoaster in virtual reality in TPS would be amazing! :D

Best Theme Park: Walt Disney World
Best Ride: Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

Coastergeek987

• I'm a K'nex addict.
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 06:07:39 PM »
A great choice of trains, UBP. How much did you pledge again, I forgot the amount you said at school?

Also, do all the tiers that come with a version of the game, do these come with the Oculous Rift things too? Or do I have to pay extra. Because I really want to fully immerse myself in the Theme Park Studio experience.
ThemeParkStudio Moderator
My YouTube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/CoasterGeek987?

Mr.Brightside711

• $100 Club
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 06:24:39 PM »
I'm pretty sure the oculous Rift device is like 300 bucks.. support is featured in the game, but not the device it self. I'm pretty sure all this info is correct

Krankin4

• Administrator
  • Proud supporter of TPS
    • RCT3CSOS Custom Objects And More
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2013, 11:57:59 PM »
You are a 100% correct Mr. B. The Oculus Rift is a separate hardware and Pantera is adding in the programming at no extra cost for those how pledge now. TPS will still be playable in 2d without the extra hardware.

Oculs Rift has not put out a price as of yet but there is a developers kit for $300 and their recommendation it to wait for the product until there is a public release.

I’m not a developer. Should I buy a developer kit now or wait for the consumer version?

If you are asking this question, the answer is most likely “Wait”.

The consumer product will improve on almost every aspect of the developer kit, which is essentially an early prototype of the consumer version. This includes comfort, immersion, features, software support, etc… for the absolute best virtual reality experience possible.

If you absolutely must have one, please understand that the developer kits are more or less early prototypes of the consumer version and with very limited software/game support when they ship.

So if you’re not a developer or hardcore enthusiast, sit tight for now. We promise the consumer Rift will be worth the wait!

Thats where I'm at because they have plans for online multiplayer, streaming videos, and 3d TV hook ups.

See O. R. FAQ page. for more answers. http://www.oculusvr.com/faq/

The Razer Hydra integration if the stretch goal of $85k is met is for an added bonus while playing. It like... well remember when Neo used futurists computer gloves in the matrix to grab and unfold objects in the 3D glasses he had on? There ya go. Build coasters, buildings and walk through your parks smacking people up side the head. Just joking on the smacking people but think you get the idea.

Oh and for you Minecraft people, Hydra already works with it as well as list of others.

Happy gaming, K4C

« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 12:00:22 AM by Krankin4 »

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.329 seconds with 21 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip