Author Topic: Disney Hollywood Studios Removing Mickey Hat  (Read 1627 times)

Darkness

• I love rollercoasters!
Disney Hollywood Studios Removing Mickey Hat
« on: November 07, 2014, 01:59:09 PM »
It is sad but true Disney is removing the main icon of Disney Hollywood Studios which happens to be the giant Mickey Sorcerers Hat that sits in the middle of the park. I am honestly very upset to be seeing that hat go because its the main icon of Disney Hollywood Studios and without it they don't have a main icon so anyway you can learn all about the removal of the Sorcerer Mickey Hat here.
 http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/the-daily-disney/os-disneys-hollywood-studios-sorcerers-hat-20141024-story.html
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 02:01:07 PM by Darkness »

drhotwing

• Global Moderator
Re: Disney Hollywood Studios Removing Mickey Hat
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 04:54:18 PM »
Why not try to recreate it for Theme Park Studio, then it will be preserved forever :)
"People may doubt what you say but they will believe what you do"

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 07:22:04 PM »
In one respect I could see the point, but a lot of people will miss it.
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

Darkness

• I love rollercoasters!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 04:07:38 PM »
In one respect I could see the point, but a lot of people will miss it.
Yea they said the reason its being removed is because they are trying to restore the park back to its original look which is part of their plans to update the look of the park but even still I will miss seeing the hat there.

Thongbong

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 01:15:53 PM »
For many its actually welcome news. If you're first visit to Hollywood Studios included the sorcerers hat, you probably will miss it. But for those of us who new it before, the hat actually was an eye sore. Walking down the blvd, the hat never fit into the theme of Americana. I for one will not miss it and am happy to see it go.

Darkness

• I love rollercoasters!
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 11:19:50 AM »
For many its actually welcome news. If you're first visit to Hollywood Studios included the sorcerers hat, you probably will miss it. But for those of us who new it before, the hat actually was an eye sore. Walking down the blvd, the hat never fit into the theme of Americana. I for one will not miss it and am happy to see it go.
Exactly that's probably the reason I am going to miss it so much because I never went to Disney Hollywood Studios when they didn't have the Mickey Hat.

Darkness

• I love rollercoasters!
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 04:28:16 PM »
Well here is a look at what is left of the Sorcerer Mickey Hat and honestly I think its a really sad site to see. :(

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.344 seconds with 20 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip