Author Topic: Kickstarter Project is launched  (Read 17277 times)

zanson

• Kickstarter Club Member
    • Phantoms Era
Re: Kickstarter Project is launched
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2013, 07:32:18 AM »
Congrats on 20k!

elisfkc

• Fan of Ayefour Corporation
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2013, 09:01:51 AM »
So I thought that beta testing went to the first 100 people. But according to the post today on Facebook, there are still spots. Any one want to tell me which is correct, so I can know if I will get it if I give $50 some time this week?
Past Software Used:
Disney Coaster
SimCoaster (At about ages 5-7)
RCT
NL (Extensive Use of Construction Pack to 3d Print through Autodesk 3ds Max)

Boomer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2013, 10:17:57 AM »
^ Yes, there are still plenty of slots available for beta test to $50 level pledges and up.  I furnished you more details about this in my reply to your PM.

Thanks for your support elisfkc.

RCTeverything

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2013, 11:11:47 AM »
I would like to Beta test, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to since I'm going Germany for most of the summer. I will most likely be leaving early July (when school finishes), and getting back mid-late August. A question that I have, is will Beta testing be done in the summer? If so, then I will probably just pledge $80 to get the Platinum edition, T-shirt, and poster. :)

Boomer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2013, 05:00:51 PM »
^ Yes, it has to be beta tested this summer since TPS is scheduled for public release on Sept. 15th.  While you are in Germany be sure to check out our sister German TPS site by going here.  http://www.themeparkstudio.de/include.php?path=start If you can read German that is. ;)

Remember, you can receive the beta test download anywhere in the world and can also access our beta test discussion forum from anywhere in the world, you don't have to wait to get back home.

Theme Park Studio

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2013, 07:02:42 PM »
We said there would be a second teaser, and here it is! What could it be?

Help us SPREAD THE WORD about our Kickstarter page and please back us!  http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1011099242/theme-park-studio-create-the-ultimate-theme-park

Boomer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2013, 11:58:14 PM »
^And BTW, when you chase that link be sure to scroll down, down, down! ;)

acid360

• SMILER is #1
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2013, 02:48:16 AM »
looks like a seat in the foreground and track in back ground so could it be a wing-rider ?

RCTeverything

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2013, 08:03:21 AM »
Thanks for your reply Boomer.

Awesome, I'll have to show my German relatives the website when I'm over there! :)

puppyjonathan

• I'm stuck in the OSTR
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2013, 10:50:07 AM »
I'm watching the kickstarter video now
Big Disney Parks Fan!

Boomer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2013, 12:57:49 PM »
When going to our Kickstarter project page be sure to click on the comments tab.  You just might find some answer's about Dark Rides and more.  http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1011099242/theme-park-studio-create-the-ultimate-theme-park

Theme Park Studio

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2013, 04:20:48 PM »
Our first Kickstarter update!
ANNOUNCING MACK LAUNCHED COASTER!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1011099242/theme-park-studio-create-the-ultimate-theme-park/posts/456216

You'll be able to build awesome coasters like "Blue Fire" or "Manta" in Theme Park Studio!

SupremeBordeaux

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2013, 03:16:35 PM »
Holy... That is INSANE

Coastin' Dave

• Phil 4:13, John 3:16 and Rom 1:18-25
    • www.realtycoon3.com
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2013, 05:35:21 PM »
I like the train. But I noticed a few things that need fixing. The nose car has sides that are indented like the bottom sides of the middle cars. The railings and trains seem a bit wide in general. That may just be the camera, but it seems like the track is a bit wide for a Mack track. And lastly, the LIMs are usually a single line either to the left or right side of the car. It's not double sided.

It's a great train and certainly a lot better than mine. I bring up these details so that the designers at TPS can know. Whatever happens, I look forward to seeing more updates soon.  ;D
Awesome work TPS.  :)

Best Theme Park: Walt Disney World
Best Ride: Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

C-A_99

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2013, 06:27:19 PM »
^ Good catch on the details. I'm unfamiliar with Mack coasters myself, so I guess there isn't much I could do to help in that regard. (Short of comparing the TPS models to Googled reference photos?)

There's been some huge updates on the Kickstarter page lately, specifically with the Stretch Goals. Personally, I'm not interested in any of them (except the money management version if it's really fun and doesn't compromise on the creativity aspect of TPS), but I see that a lot of the community is. In addition, I've definitely observed a sizable Mac following here. Porting TPS to Mac means porting to OpenGL, which is alluring because it may even mean a mobile "park viewer" app is possible in the future. (Now that's something that'd be nice to see, if technically feasible.)

I honestly don't see much good reason for a PS3 version however, given how close the PS4 is to launch, and given that it looks like it'll actually be a pretty good console that'll be more developer-friendly than the PS3. Perhaps a whole lot of community members have requested a PS3 version, and I've simply been unaware of it, or perhaps it's just the ease of being able to do so compared to other platforms. (It still sounds like a ton of work though; work that could always go into other features of TPS =). (Well aren't I the selfish PC gamer? lol.))

Here's what I'd love to see though (already mentioned before): Underground tunnels and advanced track geometry editing for ease of creating smooth/realistic tracks. I'm mildly surprised that not a lot of people have talked about underground tunnels here; being able to use the game's built-in terrain system is way faster than building and importing terrain meshes that have to integrate as seamlessly as possible to the existing terrain. That said, it's not something very easy to do. (Lots of tricky boolean geometry.)

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.512 seconds with 21 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip