Author Topic: Official Kickstarter Discussion  (Read 23078 times)

acid360

• Kickstarter Club Member
  • SMILER is #1
Re: Official Kickstarter Discussion
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 05:14:06 AM »
people are asking on KS, if they pledge more then $40 will they get hyper rails for free, i have a funny feeling its just for that one pledge.

C-A_99

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 05:09:08 PM »
^ On each pledge level, it says "Pledge $xx or more", so that should not be the case. After all, the Kickstarter Hall of Fame is only mentioned on the $5 level, but everyone who pledged anything should be in it.

Which means at $40-$50, you're getting quite some good deals. I definitely appreciate the souvenir of the TPS DXD/box set (although for those without a reasonable internet connection, I realize it is a need), although if you want Platinum, that's a requirement anyway. Can't really pick and choose other than what's listed.  However, to also get Hyper Rails at that price level makes it quite a nice deal.

Edit: Nevermind, see Boomer's reply.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 08:53:30 PM by C-A_99 »

Boomer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 05:17:45 PM »
people are asking on KS, if they pledge more then $40 will they get hyper rails for free, i have a funny feeling its just for that one pledge.
Good question acid360, I actually wrote those rewards descriptions and it is confusing to me also in how it reads.  I'm not the man in charge of fulfilling those rewards, but I will ask the powers that be to clarify and I will get back to you with an answer.  I always just thought the hyper rails deal was just for that one reward level, gut I'll check and then we'll both know.

acid360

• SMILER is #1
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 02:42:50 AM »
Good question acid360, I actually wrote those rewards descriptions and it is confusing to me also in how it reads.  I'm not the man in charge of fulfilling those rewards, but I will ask the powers that be to clarify and I will get back to you with an answer.  I always just thought the hyper rails deal was just for that one reward level, gut I'll check and then we'll both know.

Thank you boomer
fingers crossed :)

Boomer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2013, 12:46:45 PM »
^So I've got your answer.  The main TPS creator Steve said; "Not all projects have tiers that include all the rewards from the previous tier. Some will break it up a little. Hyper Rails is not something we are heavily pushing, just a bonus at a certain level. It is an older product. Some of the higher rewards focus on working with the team on custom assets."

Sorry to tell you but Hyper Rails is just for the $40 level. :(

Mr.Brightside711

• $100 Club
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 01:09:02 PM »
^So I've got your answer.  The main TPS creator Steve said; "Not all projects have tiers that include all the rewards from the previous tier. Some will break it up a little. Hyper Rails is not something we are heavily pushing, just a bonus at a certain level. It is an older product. Some of the higher rewards focus on working with the team on custom assets."

Sorry to tell you but Hyper Rails is just for the $40 level. :(

But some tiers specifically mention that that level will recieve "ALL" rewards from lower tiers. Ex: Level 9 ($100)
Tatsu, T-Express, Iron Rattler!

Boomer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2013, 01:56:51 PM »
^True, but as we are clarifying now, that does not include Hyper Rails.

pwc1

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2013, 06:39:26 PM »
I'm very excited for TPS, and I just pledged, but I was wondering if I were to pledge more, will it be my total?
Basically speaking, I could pledge until I got to my $XX mark and get that reward? ($5+$15+$10=$30 slot)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 06:42:21 PM by pwc1 »

Boomer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2013, 10:50:19 PM »
^ Basically speaking... yes.  A pledge is a pledge and each one comes with that amount of pledge rewards, regardless of how many pledges you make.  We would not penalize you for making multiple pledges.  Instead, we would send you all your rewards at the appropriate time and also give you a big THANK YOU for helping to support this exciting new project.

C-A_99

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2013, 02:53:02 PM »
I'm personally finding that you're getting far more bang for the buck by making one larger pledge as opposed to smaller pledges broken up. Although with that said, I'm wondering if it's possible to make multiple sufficient pledges and then be able to give extra copies of TPS away as gifts to friends. Sounds like an odd way to do things, but it's worth asking.

Boomer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 03:57:18 PM »
We would only ask that those extra copies designated as gifts be purchased instead of copied.  If you gave copied and gave away these free gifts it wouldn't help us, as we developed TPS at considerable cost, and it would actually be us giving them their cool gifts for free. 

A gift is not really worth giving if SOME kind of sacrifice isn't made by the giver.  In your case you would have already made that sacrifice by making the pledges, so pledge away and give away and again C-A-99, thanks for your support both by pledging and from all the intelligent and useful input and observations you have given us.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 03:59:01 PM by Boomer »

pwc1

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 04:14:02 PM »
I was really hoping to give up to $30, but I don't really feel comfortable giving that much at one time. I don't know why but I'm kinda skittish.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 04:17:31 PM by pwc1 »

C-A_99

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2013, 06:06:20 PM »
@Boomer: Perhaps it would make far more sense to, say, pledge on someone's behalf (as a gift) instead of making multiple pledges and giving out part of their rewards. Although I understand where you're coming from; that it's the same person supporting the Kickstarter and that it's more helpful to the project in the long run if everyone who's receiving some sort of reward from here puts their part in.

To Boomer (and the rest of the team): On the other hand, thanks for putting up with my nitpicks and odd posts here and there, and for working to put together something that'll truly breathe new life into amusement simulation.

@pwc1: It is up to you to judge and decide whether TPS is worth supporting for you. As mentioned earlier, the money is only charged if they meet their goal at the end of the month. That said, I've been in my share of cash-strapped situations myself, so I understand that factor. However, for $20-$50, I think they are delivering something truly of worth, instead of charging $60 and cranking out something that's already been done 20 times before.

Boomer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2013, 08:59:14 PM »
^ Actually C-A_99 most of us look forward to your post.  Nit picking is fine when its done balanced and intelligently like yours are.  You may not know this but we listen to you more then you think and I have even mentioned your name and added your question in my upcoming interview with Steve.  Without nit picking things would always be full of nits, we don't want nits in TPS (whatever they are) and we are big boys and can take it, so pick away and thank you for all the constructive input you have given TPS so far.  Your intelligence and insight has only benefited a game that we are all helping to develop.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:02:03 PM by Boomer »

C-A_99

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2013, 10:23:57 PM »
Well, many thanks for the complements. I'm happy to be of help especially when doing so really makes an impact I will notice later on.

With that said, there's a lot of great talent out there; people much more knowledgeable about or skilled with these things than I. Most of the best work I've experienced in front of a computer screen have been amazing NL projects. I love to see more of that sort of expertise here, but I've also come to appreciate the wider variety of work that happens here as well.

On a side note, been trying to pass the word around but with little luck so far. I think TPS would be great for roller coaster/amusement ride enjoying friends to mess around with at the very least, and with the emphasis on user friendliness, could get them to want to take park/ride design a bit further. My impression from the Kickstarter is simple: the more $$, the more features will be possible, so here's to breaking $80k.

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.349 seconds with 21 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip