Author Topic: Official Kickstarter Discussion  (Read 19751 times)

Krankin4

• Administrator
  • Proud supporter of TPS
    • RCT3CSOS Custom Objects And More
Official Kickstarter Discussion
« on: April 12, 2013, 09:09:53 AM »
Official Kickstarter Q & A               Got questions?              Need Answers?              Ask Here.

Ask your TPS Kickstarter questions here and we'll do our best to try to answer them.  So go ahead and fire away.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 10:47:45 AM by Boomer »

puppyjonathan

• Kickstarter Club Member
  • I'm stuck in the OSTR
Re: Official Kickstarter Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 12:53:49 PM »
I would love to back, the only problem is that all my money is physical, no paypal or cards :-[ I am a full-fledged supporter, but without the money
Big Disney Parks Fan!

Boomer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 01:45:36 PM »
I know what you mean puppyjonathan, not everyone has credit cards available to use.  You can however purchase a pre-paid visa or master card at stores like Wal-Mart, for the amount you want to pledge and just enter the amount and card number in the place provided on Kickstarter page.  That's one way around not having any credit cards currently available.

acid360

• SMILER is #1
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 03:20:47 PM »
here's a question id like to ask, on your kickstarter statement you clearly said you'll be doing a ps3 version if you reach higher target, when i watched the video on Kickstarter there was a ps3 controller and a xbox controller on the table?
whats the reason for have both controllers on that table ?

thrillseeker4552

• A Southern California amusement park nerd
    • KBF Fan Site
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 03:52:20 PM »
So what happens when we "back" you?  Do we get a reserved spot for the game?  I'm a little confused about this.
Steel: 62 - Wood: 6 - Total: 68

I run a fan site for Knott's Berry Farm!
http://kbffansite.wordpress.com/

Coastergeek987

• I'm a K'nex addict.
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 03:58:56 PM »
When you 'back' the game it means you've donated money to help the Development.
ThemeParkStudio Moderator
My YouTube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/CoasterGeek987?

thrillseeker4552

• A Southern California amusement park nerd
    • KBF Fan Site
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 04:01:39 PM »
^ OK.  Thank you for clearing that up!
Steel: 62 - Wood: 6 - Total: 68

I run a fan site for Knott's Berry Farm!
http://kbffansite.wordpress.com/

tpostman67

Kickstarter pledge
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 04:27:32 PM »
The $20.00 pledge-states you will receive the Early bird special-Silver Edition copy.  Would you receive it as soon as you pledge or after Kickstarter is complete?  The game looks great I will be making my pledge!

Boomer

• Global Moderator
Re: Kickstarter pledge
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 04:53:56 PM »
Thank you for your pledge and support tpostman67!   Welcome to Theme Park Studio.

The pledge made on your credit card doesn't get taken out unless we meet our target goal.  You make your pledge now on the Kickstarter page, If we do reach our goal amount, after the program closes next month and only then will your credit card be charged.   No charges will be applied at all if we don't reach our goal.

The game officially releases on Sept. 15th.  What Early Bird refers to is you will get your copy early, sometime before the public does, just like getting into Disneyland an hour early on their early bird special.

Please keep in mind that we are still developing TPS and haven't even started beta testing yet.  You will get your Early Bird reward sometime after the conclusion of beta test but before actual public release.

Remember if you hurry and make a $50 pledge or more, you will be included in the TPS beta test program, but these beta test reward slots are filling up fast, so don't wait too long if you are interested in that.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 05:04:06 PM by Boomer »

Boomer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 05:17:50 PM »
here's a question id like to ask, on your kickstarter statement you clearly said you'll be doing a ps3 version if you reach higher target, when i watched the video on Kickstarter there was a ps3 controller and a xbox controller on the table?
whats the reason for have both controllers on that table ?
Don't read too much into that acid360, the controllers you saw in the video just belong to the guy talking in the vid and not related to TPS, they just happened to be setting on his desk.  BUT, if we make our stretch goal amounts we will defiantly be releasing TPS on ps3 and other mobile and gaming platforms.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 05:20:28 PM by Boomer »

Boomer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 05:31:54 PM »
So what happens when we "back" you?  Do we get a reserved spot for the game?  I'm a little confused about this.

Just read the rewards section of the Kickstarter project page found here thrillseeker4552:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1011099242/theme-park-studio-create-the-ultimate-theme-park

If you carefully read over the reward offers you can then pick a reward level and pledge amount that interests you and then if we hit our target goal, the reward of your reward level choice will be sent to you before the game officially releases to the public.  That's what happens if you choose to "back" us.

C-A_99

Re: Kickstarter pledge
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 06:27:25 PM »
I've been taken by surprise quite a bit by the decision to go in Kickstarter; I guess I simply didn't see it coming but given the scale of which the community has hoped to see TPS become, I can't say I'm too surprised.

Anyway, just did my part. ($50) I assume it will be announced when beta slots are all filled up? (Although we're only at 141 out of 1000 right now as of this post.)

Would've enjoyed some of the higher-cost rewards (judging by my posts and how much I try to dig into how things are working), but I simply don't have the dough. Alternatively, I choose to contribute in the way of feedback, nitpicking realistic details (I'm not the only one; I see people finding missing details on flat ride models that I'm not aware of; it's good to have this.), etc. and upon release, content creation. I guess I'll just have to miss out on an opportunity to work with and learn from the team.

Edit: Sorry to the mods for posting this in the wrong thread. There's about half a dozen Kickstarter-related threads around; thanks for moving this to the right spot.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 09:48:50 PM by C-A_99 »

zanson

• Phantoms Era
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 12:25:49 PM »
Pledged for $50, i may up it later if i get more money together. Super excited for this.

Mr.Brightside711

• $100 Club
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 03:31:44 PM »
Im interested in a couple of things..

1. What types of Roller coasters are included in the game? (Trains and Coaster type)

2. I assume you can use the custom scenery to create indoor coaster, but can you actually make it dark with lighting? Ex: Rock N Rollercoaster
Tatsu, T-Express, Iron Rattler!

Boomer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 06:16:19 PM »
Im interested in a couple of things..

1. What types of Roller coasters are included in the game? (Trains and Coaster type)
If we told you that, we'd have to kill you.  Seriously though, we aren't prepared to release that information at this time.  to many variables such as the results of the Kickstarter funding drive, which may determine what we will and what we won't include in the final version.   But if you qualify for beta testing you will have advanced ride library information that othersn will have to wait until release date to find out.
I assume you can use the custom scenery to create indoor coaster, but can you actually make it dark with lighting? Ex: Rock N Rollercoaster
Yes.

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.381 seconds with 20 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip