Author Topic: How to add a node between two other "coaster nodes"  (Read 2116 times)

killboy11

• Kickstarter Club Member
How to add a node between two other "coaster nodes"
« on: August 11, 2014, 04:19:02 AM »
hi i have a quick question .
how can you add a node between two other nodes in a coaster?

cap396

Re: How to add a node between two other "coaster nodes"
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 04:25:47 AM »
I tried to figure this out too, but couldn't find a way to do this.  If it's not currently possible, I hope they will consider adding this feature because I think it would really help for making the tracks follow a precise path.

killboy11

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 05:09:36 AM »
I figure out out a way to do it.
You simply click on the node that is the node before the node you wanna add.
then you click build in the coaster editor after that you see how the insertet node would look and can choose the length.
Then simply click build again and you have a node in between other nodes.

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 05:18:03 AM »
I would not recommend doing it that way because if you place a track that is not the same as the others it will deform them and you will have to manually alter them to get the shape you want. My advice is simply take it slow and make sure you have the type of track you want before clicking build.
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

killboy11

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 05:26:20 AM »
My experience with the method is that it only change the next nodes position and if you make a simple normal node with minimum length the change isnt that big.
but you must edit the node afterwards manually or you should do.
For me it is good because i edit all my nodes manually. and if i think that there must be a node more than i can simply insert one.
If you want to insert a big segment it could be a little more difficult but i think it still works.
But everybody can choose if they use it or not. ;D

muchwoo

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 09:43:51 AM »
Great idea Killboy11.
I use It in the same way. Add nodes is really amazing. I hope Pantera introduce the same feature for path editor.

Biddypocket

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 03:45:52 PM »
I wanted to revive this threat in the event this was added with the most recent update, and I'm simply not aware of how to do it. If not, seeing as how the whole editor is based on nodes, is there any hope this feature will come at some point? It's very frustrating to have to trash an entire coaster simply because 1 section gets messed up when you delete a node and manual editing doesn't work easily :/.

Any thoughts appreciated!

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 04:13:11 PM »
It's very frustrating to have to trash an entire coaster simply because 1 section gets messed up when you delete a node and manual editing doesn't work easily :/.
Any thoughts appreciated!

You don't have to trash the entire coaster, there is the undo/redo (looks like a curved arrow).
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

Biddypocket

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 06:49:53 PM »
You don't have to trash the entire coaster, there is the undo/redo (looks like a curved arrow).

....doh! Good to know. Thanks man!

Alexdmc

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2016, 10:04:55 AM »
My advice is simply take it slow and make sure you have the type of track you want before clicking build.

No sorry, that is not good enough. Has this issue been addressed?

TPS is marketing itself as an editor, why then cannot I not go back and add nodes in a node based editor?

We can remove them; the remaining track then conforms. The ability to add them is paramount. Nolimits had this feature, it add a node exactly in between the two selected. Nolimits is a node based editor aswell and seemed to understand the importance of this tool 

Paul UK

• Global Moderator
  • Home Park - Chessington & Thorpe Park
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2016, 11:11:24 AM »

No sorry, that is not good enough. Has this issue been addressed?

TPS is marketing itself as an editor, why then cannot I not go back and add nodes in a node based editor?

We can remove them; the remaining track then conforms. The ability to add them is paramount. Nolimits had this feature, it add a node exactly in between the two selected. Nolimits is a node based editor aswell and seemed to understand the importance of this tool 

Hi Alexdmc,

If you click on a node and insert a piece it will insert it.  you may have to position it to move it precisely. You can insert any piece between any two nodes.

I will say however, that NL2 has a far more complex CAD editing environment to do the things you can do right in your park within TPS (This makes TPS more user friendly and intuitive)

Hope this helps

TPS is an Alpha build, it's still in development and features are being added!
I will put this to the developer as a suggestion for a future update, which I personally think is a genuine request.  Please bear with pantera, they are only a small Independant team.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 12:25:22 PM by Paul UK »

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.396 seconds with 22 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip