Author Topic: Ancient Adventures Park  (Read 1227 times)

Mersilinho

Ancient Adventures Park
« on: July 05, 2014, 04:43:31 AM »
Hey all,

I'm coming up here, to share with u the basic concept of what I have planed.

The Idea is to make a Park which is themed by ancient cultures. Therefor the name "Ancient Adventures".
Acutally my first idea was just to make an egyptian themed Park, but I was not sure if it got a bit boring
over time. So now following is a roadmap of the already roughly terraformed Park, where you can see
the different areas for different "ancient cultures":

What I want to do is, to have each of those cultures be represented by their renowned architecture.
For example, a great Pyramid for Egypt, the Colosseum for the Roman Empire, the Parthenon for Greek, the Great Wall for China etc. and then build the coasters and other attraction around them.

As for now the park is set up in a desert, but I hope it will be possible to have different ground-textures in different parts of the park later. (Does anybody know if that will be implemented?)

What the map shows is just an idea. I am not sure with some cultures yet (namely Africa, China) and the space that is required for each of it. I am also uncertain wether I really want to have the Roman Empire and Greece as two independent areas. Historical it would be absolutely appropriate, but the architecure is rather similiar. Maybe you have ideas of other cultures that should be featured?

Another idea of mine is, to have a kind of train to connect all areas in one route, the trainstations beeing IN the representing architecture (in the colosseum e.g.)

That's it so far. I think it is possible, but a lot of concept-building still to do. I would very much appreciate your feedback and own ideas on this subject!

I hope what I write is readable and without too much grammar-faults, as I am not a native speaker. If u find mistakes, plz tell me so that I can learn.

Greetings from Germany
Mersilinho

cap396

• Kickstarter Club Member
Re: Ancient Adventures Park
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 04:53:58 AM »
Great layout and theme.  This looks like it is going to be a massive park, and I can't wait to see more!

Mersilinho

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 01:13:53 AM »
Hey all,
wanted to do a quick update on what I am working at the moment.
Hopefully Phase 3 comes out soon, so currently I'm modelling the station for the first egyptian rollercoaster "Anubis".

As u can see, this is a temple-building with the entrance at the right side having a height of ~130'
The red markings will be the exit of and entry to the ride itself.
I still got to modell some details and will be starting to texture it soon. But it will take some time for all those walls and pillars.
The triangle count is at ~46k at the moment which I think is ok for such a huge building.
Plz let me know ur thoughts about this.
Hope to be able to update again soon!

Greetings
Mersilinho
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 01:15:37 AM by Mersilinho »

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 04:10:17 PM »
Looks like it will be interesting.
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

muchwoo

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 05:02:21 PM »
Awesome!

Mersilinho

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 12:33:35 AM »
Hi again fellow TPS bros,

after quite a while I wanted to share an update and show u that this project is still alive.
This is pushing me really to and over the edges of what I am able to do in modelling and also timewise.
But I'm still really excited about TPS and the vast amount of possibilities to shape my very own imaginations.

So here are two pics of the WIP Anubis, which I am texturing right now.
Please enjoy and share ur thoughts with me.

Greetings
Mersilinho

muchwoo

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 02:10:29 AM »
Can't wait to see It in TPS!

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.45 seconds with 19 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip