Author Topic: Need some help  (Read 2576 times)

Boomer

• Global Moderator
Need some help
« on: April 29, 2013, 02:27:56 PM »
An urgent call for your support.  If you feel that TPS is a worthy project there's a way we would like to suggest for you to help even more then you already have. 

Word of mouth is what we depend on the most to let people know about this game.  On our Kickstarter project page, there is a place to leave your comments, if you have pledged a dollar or more you can leave a comment there for all other pledge members to see.

Of course any negative comments made there can seriously jeopardize our funding project so if you like TPS please share that positive comment there as that is a very good way to further support and help TPS.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 05:55:47 PM by Boomer »

acid360

• Kickstarter Club Member
  • SMILER is #1
Re: Need some help
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 04:12:02 PM »
im on the case :)  here what ive mentioned

@ Eric Zupevec
how can you say that don't you understand how much resource it takes to rewrite the mac version or data structuring money management cant you be more considerate. pantera studios are doing there best i think its insulting to give the $1, they have spend years creating the tools to make an amazing theme park game and now there asking for our help, hundreds of backers are here to help them and support them, obviously your not, it seems your here to hurt their campaign don't you want a game that has lots more coasters and to fill to the brim of flat rides, i do! , and if you listen properly they will include money management at a later stage of development it really depends on pantera making there goal and you should either revoke your $1 and leave with your negativity or reconsider pledge higher, help them out and lets get the best roller coaster simulator going.   
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 04:28:58 PM by acid360 »

Boomer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 04:40:28 PM »
Thank you  acid360 for supporting us in this way.   Being a smaller development company we have to depend on members and friends to support and defend us and spread the word about TPS as we don't have those ridiculous large advertising campaign budgets that "other" companies have at their disposal.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 05:56:58 PM by Boomer »

Mr.Brightside711

• $100 Club
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 05:48:17 PM »
Yeah he is kinda a jerk
Tatsu, T-Express, Iron Rattler!

acid360

• SMILER is #1
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 05:12:09 PM »
so hes left now, did he leave or did he get removed ?

Boomer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 06:59:17 PM »
He wasn't feeling the love so much and left on his own, but he'll be back most likely after nursing his wounds.  Fortunately if he does return we have loyal members like acid360 and Mr.B and others who will keep him in line.  ;)

Steve777

• Supporter of TPS Kickstarter
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 08:49:33 PM »
Have been trying to spread the word but with not much luck.  Seems most I have communicated with want a game & not a simulator.  I've pointed out that money management is one of the stretch goals but as that goal is quite high, they don't want to commit.  It is frustrating, because if people did back Kickstarter enough, they would have an amazing game.  I would prefer a Theme Park Game but I've pledged in the hope that TPS goes ahead & one day down the track, money management is added.  Maybe it could be a Kickstarter project later on to turn TPS into a game!?

I love that this project is so open to the public's ideas.   I've seen the very clever things many people have done with the limitations of old coaster tycoon games and I cannot wait to see what is produced with the amazing tool that TPS will become.  I wish all the best for this project & will continue to advertise the kickstarter project as much as possible!

Boomer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 10:40:06 PM »
Thank you for your support Steve777.  Thank you also for the kind words and for doing what you can to spread the word about TPS.

We understand the desire that there is out there for money management. To fully develop that aspect of the game and still get it released on time, we would have to reach our stretch goal for it, to have the resources to pull it off. 

To develop money management quickly is a very time consuming and manpower intensive undertaking.  We had to make a decision as to whether we waited and released the game at a later unspecified time or cram TPS as full of everything else we could and release it late this summer ready to go minus the money management. 

However, for those who really need to have that feature in the game, there is hope.

If stretch goals aren't made for money management, TPS will be released without it, but the Vista Studio engine behind TPS is so versatile and adaptable and import friendly, that you never know what someone in the community might come up with to tide everyone over for a while.  Look at what the Drexler patch and Dr. J and many others did for RCT.

Another option for adding money management to the game is TPS developing it for an after market add-on expansion pack.  This is not something that we have seriously discussed but it is an option to be considered. 

Getting everything that everybody wants may not happen all at once, but I believe that between a successful game release, community involvement and time, we will all have eventually one of the best theme park GAME that can possibly be made at this time with present technology, and everybody in their own way will be the hero and the creator of this game.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 10:42:51 PM by Boomer »

Krankin4

• Administrator
  • Proud supporter of TPS
    • RCT3CSOS Custom Objects And More
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 07:21:40 AM »
I think the money management excuse is a just cop out. If it was in the game just how often would it be used. I don't see people posting "Hey my park just cleard 8 mill on friday!" No they show what they have created  and  put together.

If they have it in they'er heads that no money management means no peeps they'er not reading and just assuming as I see a lot of people doing these days and try to jump in the middle of the thread and ask the same questions that s been answered 4 times already.

I would like to see it come around eventually but I don't see a lot of people posting here to convince me that there's enough call for it. Its not like people don't know that TPS has a web site. If I was set on it I'd be sure to be on the site letting people know and telling all my other buddies and anyone else to start posting. How else is Pantera going to know unless people start speaking up and that means more than a handful that already posted here.

Just my that on it guys.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 07:23:19 AM by Krankin4 »

Mr.Brightside711

• $100 Club
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 11:36:38 AM »
^Maybe you guys should post on the Kickstarter page and on the forums what the money managment goal would add... just an idea
Tatsu, T-Express, Iron Rattler!

joshg06

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 05:41:06 AM »
I do agree that Money Management does make a game more interesting. Seeing how peeps react to prises and the adreneline of when your park is doing so massively well and the money is just shooting up brings you more into the experience. I'll be happy that we are getting a new theme park game, however, I do believe it would appeal to a larger market if it had Money Management included. EVEN if it was just a very basic version.

acid360

• SMILER is #1
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 03:55:56 AM »
Things Is I believe krakin4 spot on with this it does seem a cop out, I want this game for the experience of constructing my ride I'm a huge rollercoaster fan and to know I can recreate or change my favourite coaster it makes me excited knowing I could virtually change this up and with the attention to detail it seems the perfect simulator also I'm looking forward to enhance with with occulus rift

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 23 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip