Author Topic: Theme Park Studio - Steam Workshop Instructions  (Read 5217 times)

Theme Park Studio

• Administrator
Theme Park Studio - Steam Workshop Instructions
« on: June 18, 2014, 07:49:46 AM »
Downloading content from Steam Workshop into Theme Park Studio is very easy.

1:  Click the SW button at the bottom of the side toolbar.
2:  Click the button on the Steam Workshop toolbar that represents the category you would like to download.  Options include:
    Parks
    Custom Scenery
    Flat Rides
    Environments
3: A window will now appear listing all the items on Steam Workshop.  Next select how you would like the filter the list.  Options include:
    All - Shows all the items on Steam Workshop
    Subscribed - Shows only the items you have subscribed
    My Items - Shows only the items you have published
4: Finally, press the 'Download' button

It is that easy.  You have now downloaded content straight to your park, without leaving Theme Park Studio.

Uploading content to Steam Workshop is just as simple

1: If you would like to publish Custom Scenery or Rides, first select the item you want to publish by clicking on it.
2: Select File/Publish, then the category.  Options include:
    Parks
    Custom Scenery
    Flat Rides
    Environments
3: Enter the Name and Description of your workshop item.
4: Press the 'Capture Screenshot' button
5: Navigate through your scene using Left mouse click to move forward and Right mouse click to move backwards
6: Press Middle mouse button, or Space bar, to capture the screenshot
7: Press the 'Upload button"   

That is all there is too it.  You have just uploaded your first Park or Custom Scenery item to Steam Workshop

With this new feature, sharing content is very easy.  We look forward to all the amazing creations built by the community. 

Thank you for your continued support.

Theme Park Studio Team

Mr. Roller77

• Kickstarter Club Member
Re: Theme Park Studio - Steam Workshop Instructions
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 01:01:45 PM »
Thank you TPS, already downloaded the Calypso ride, this will be a great tool for those of us who are casual gamers, and aren't skilled in making custom scenery and flat rides(like me). Now bring on the coasters!!! ;D

Ferrat

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 01:51:50 PM »
This is all good BUT how do you save the downloaded park for use later, and WHERE is it saved to.

Mr. Roller77

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 11:36:39 AM »
^Go to FILE on your main menu screen, and click save park. Click OPEN Park to open it.

Ferrat

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 11:53:42 PM »
^Go to FILE on your main menu screen, and click save park. Click OPEN Park to open it.
Thanks for that but I have more questions, once saved how can you get the park to appear in the Park Library (instead of loading from the menu) I have tried saving to the 'System/Parks' folder in the root directory but they do not appear in the Park Library window, also when I download a ride how do I save just the ride without having to save the whole park.

xr3iracer

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 12:09:23 PM »
Where do the items that you download go too? do you have to save the park to save the item?

Ferrat

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 12:38:14 PM »
Where do the items that you download go too? do you have to save the park to save the item?

For some reason it just places it in the park, dunno how to save a ride, tried exporting and it does nothing.

davaze

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 01:59:14 AM »
To refresh this topic, why are the downloaded flat rides or other scenery from Steam Workshop not saved in their related folder on the local drive including the already attached picture as the thumbnail or have a file save selction window where to save the file you are about to download.
Also it would be good to see a progress bar while downloading from SW so at least you know how the download progresses.

Now after download you still need to export it out to your local folder, enter all information and thumbnail again. It's a bit odd i think or did i miss something as i did not yet download too much from Steam.

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 07:55:56 AM »
Thanks for that but I have more questions, once saved how can you get the park to appear in the Park Library (instead of loading from the menu) I have tried saving to the 'System/Parks' folder in the root directory but they do not appear in the Park Library window, also when I download a ride how do I save just the ride without having to save the whole park.

Once you saved the park, close and reopen TPS, and you should be able to load the park from the file.
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

davaze

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 06:33:00 PM »
Hi Abletudu,

That's a way but it will not put the downloaded ride into the rides library to choose from. This will save the whole park including the ride. In my opinion it should save the ride into the custom ride library folder so that next time you start TPS you can select the ride from the rides CS library. At this moment after downloading you still have to export the ride manually to the library folder, write the info and attach the thumbnail picture. At least when i tried to download my own ride it did not put the downloaded ride into my CS rides library folder.

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 06:46:14 PM »
Just download ride to your empty park and follow the instructions as I described above, but save it to the custom ride folder instead and the close and reopen TPS and it will be there.
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

davaze

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2015, 06:55:38 PM »
I know this procedure don't get me wrong. All i'm trying to point out is that when i download from Steam workshop, i want that download to go to their related library folder automatically with all the attached info like the name and picture. In my opinion that's what most people want when they download. It should not be neccesary to export out again, re-type the name and add picture. This extra step i think is unneccesary. When you publish a ride to Steam Workshop you already choose the correct category, add the name and extra information and attach a screen picture to it. When someone download it, it should not just place it in the park but also in the correct local steam custom scenery folders so when next time TPS is started you can just select it from the library without all these extra steps. This is just my idea :-) I know how to do it now but it is just a suggestion i'm making.

pwc1

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2015, 05:56:42 PM »
I downloaded a few roller coasters and flat rides from Steam, and some of the RC's only had the station, and some of the FR's wasn't quite right. That's partially why I was asking for a refund in support. :(
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 05:58:13 PM by pwc1 »

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2015, 06:05:06 PM »
You have to remember that anything uploaded to the workshop is not made by the developer's, but by the user's. It is possible that they made mistakes before uploading it, or possibly the file download was corrupted by random noise in the transmission.

davaze

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2015, 07:41:28 PM »
Maybe it will help to point out which ride has issues so the creator can have a look at it. This might help also to clean up non working rides in the future. I also have noticed some don't work as they should. Same like me when i upload i try to confirm it is working properly or point out what to do after downloading it to make it work like total amount of frames set to the animation (TPS bug). It still might be that for some reason when the developer uploaded and tested it, it worked but maybe for someone else it does not, then it is good to know so it might be able to fix it.

Also i noticed a lot of coasters in the flat ride catogory, i think someone should clean up as coasters are not flat rides.

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.387 seconds with 19 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip