Author Topic: Theme Park Studio News Letter - Dated 5/07/14  (Read 16742 times)

Theme Park Studio

• Administrator
Theme Park Studio News Letter - Dated 5/07/14
« on: May 07, 2014, 09:32:52 AM »
Hello Backers,

We are very excited about the upcoming phase 2 and 6 release. 

We have scheduled the launch for  May 16th.    The build has been uploaded and will be undergoing additional testing over the next week.  Unless some unforeseen issues arise during alpha testing, the May 16th date looks good.

The instructional material for the video tutorial has been completed and the manual is being finished.  As most of you know, this update allows players to animate rides and scenery, as well as build custom rides from scratch with accurate physics.  Theme  Park Studio now contains a very powerful animation module that integrates complex physics for highly accurate results.

For casual gamers, this update means that flat rides now include embedded animations.  Simply click on the ride you want, move it into position, press the new 'Test Park' button located on the top tool bar, and watch your ride come to life. 

For moderate users, it means any object can be animated through our powerful keyframer. 

And for advanced users, this update means custom rides can be 'Jointed' then animated by applying physics' forces, for accurate real life representations.

In this build we have animated some of the existing flat rides plus added a few new ones.  We have also included 5 new build sets, made from various flat ride parts.  They can be found in the Build Set 3 folder, under the custom library selector.  Using the scenery builder, you can now piece together your own ride and bring it to life in a way never done before.  We have attempted to break new ground with our approach and technology.  We've even added a few extra bells and whistles, not found in the original videos, to help players build their custom rides more efficiently.

We look forward to continuing to work with you during Early Access, and of course thank you for all your patience and support.

Theme Park Studio Team

« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 12:38:20 PM by jsblumen »

Robbedem

• Kickstarter Club Member
Re: Theme Park Studio News Letter - Dated 5/07/14
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 11:56:19 AM »
nice!
looking forward to may 16th ;)

Mr. Roller77

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 12:06:27 PM »
Oh yes!! I can hardly wait to start making my own flat rides! Looking forward to it! ;D

simbuilder2004

• TPS!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 12:57:56 PM »
Thankyou @Theme Park Studio for the newsletter! Keep on doing a good job! I will make great looking flat rides!  :D
Thanks,
simbuilder2004

RC98

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 01:48:26 PM »
Those are some nice-looking screenshots!  I especially like the look of the swing ride, also the guests look great too!

muchwoo

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 02:14:59 PM »
I love these images!

Mazinger

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 02:19:01 PM »
Thanks for the info

cap396

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 04:39:18 PM »
It's definitely exciting to see progress.  Thank you!

Danny

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 05:36:07 PM »
I'm starting to think that Pantera are planning these phase releases at times when I'm away on work/leisure judging by phase 1 launch and now this :P Maybe I'll use this to my advantage in the future.

Great to see that we have a somewhat confirmed date if all goes according to plan. I've lost interest slightly over the last few weeks so it'll be nice to have something to bring me back down to the ground again regarding the game.

cap396

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 05:43:16 PM »
I'll be away too, but at least I'll have something to look forward to when I come home!

Darkness

• I love rollercoasters!
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 09:50:47 PM »
This is really exciting I honestly cant wait for this to finally come out you are doing great work.

deathmetalmike

• rock hard live fast!
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 08:50:25 AM »
ITS awesome to see THE progress!
Parks visited:
De efteling
Walibi
Phantasialand
Duinrell
Bobbejaanland
Disneyland paris
Disney studios
Moviepark Germany

vapor99

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 01:52:18 PM »
Is it just me or does the ferris wheel look much better from what we can see in that screenshot?  The current wheel isn't really circular, maybe it was just temporary and they updated it for the release of the next phase.  Regardless it's looking good and should be exciting to get these rides animated and see what people design!

intoxination

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 04:32:55 PM »
Is it just me or does the ferris wheel look much better from what we can see in that screenshot?  The current wheel isn't really circular, maybe it was just temporary and they updated it for the release of the next phase.  Regardless it's looking good and should be exciting to get these rides animated and see what people design!

The wheel wasn't an oval. You were just viewing it as an oval because of the parallax from having a 3D camera (same thing happens in real life photography). Here's a sample from Maya. You can see that it's an actual circle (torus) in the bottom left/front view. Then you can see where the light green camera is set up to generate the top right/camera view, where the round torus now looks like an oval.

Paul UK

• Global Moderator
  • Home Park - Chessington & Thorpe Park
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 12:41:38 AM »
I agree with you vapor99,
The Wheel in Early Access Phase 1, has 8 flat edges similar to a UK coin.  However the one in the screenshots for Phase 2 and 6 is round.  Either Pantera has updated the original one or are offering 2 types.  I like the one in the screenshots in the first post better.
Cheers
Paul

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.3 seconds with 20 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip