Author Topic: realism of TPS  (Read 1414 times)

realrc

realism of TPS
« on: April 25, 2014, 04:07:58 PM »
I've been into roller coasters for several years and recently saw tps. i was wondering how the user can design their roller coaster with tps. is it more customizable than rct?
do you get to put in your own supports to make make it look like real roller coasters?
i noticed on youtube that you get a large assortment of peices which you can pull bend and rotate. is that 100% true?
if yes, i'd heavily consider buying tps when its fully developed.

cap396

• Kickstarter Club Member
Re: realism of TPS
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 05:03:26 PM »
TPS is designed to be fully customized, including track curvature, rotating and banking.  I don't know if you can make your own supports, but I'm guessing that this is something you'll be able to do.  If not, I know you can make the standard supports invisible, so you could use CS.

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 07:13:13 PM »
I've been into roller coasters for several years and recently saw tps. i was wondering how the user can design their roller coaster with tps. is it more customizable than rct?
do you get to put in your own supports to make make it look like real roller coasters?
i noticed on youtube that you get a large assortment of peices which you can pull bend and rotate. is that 100% true?
if yes, i'd heavily consider buying tps when its fully developed.

Why not buy it now so that you can help with the development and get used to the tools available in the various phases as well as importing your own CS now?
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

Danny

• Kickstarter Club Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 03:26:29 AM »
is it more customizable than rct?

In every single aspect, yes. Simply the ability to design and import your own trains is an outstanding feat over RCT.

The coaster designing itself seems to combine the basic blocky structure of designing RCT coasters with the flexibility of No Limits, providing a perfect middle ground for newbies and advanced users.

If you're simple intention is to design coasters, then I'd suggest waiting until that phase comes out. The game won't be going anywhere, so you can make your purchase whenever you like. But with that said, the controls thus far are more complicated over RCT, yet easy once you have a grasp on them. Therefore it may be in your interest to purchase it now and get used to them as it's a learning curve that varies between each user.

realrc

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 06:53:12 PM »
Thanks for all your help but I only do this on the side like on vacation. Also this is gonna sound a bit  selfish but Im not interested in giving much time and money for a video game. You see it's a hobby. Till I try tps I'm very edgy about getting rid of roller coaster tycoon. I don't have money to play around with.

realrc

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 07:12:12 PM »
Also is there a Google plus forum for rc ideas for modeling or just faq or news? All I saw was useless pictures of roller coasters.

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.314 seconds with 21 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip