Author Topic: rherman226 thoughts on Theme Park Studio  (Read 1745 times)

rherman226

rherman226 thoughts on Theme Park Studio
« on: March 03, 2014, 11:08:44 PM »
After tinkering for about an hour, on Theme Park Studio.  I have to say I want more.  So far, everything seems confusing.  The more I play with it the easier it will become, just like most simulation type games.

I am hoping in the official release, that the game will run smoother.  I hoping for an undo button, and a redo button.

Like most simulation games there is a very extensive tutorial.  I am hoping this game does as well.  Not from videos on youtube, but from within the game itself.  On how to do everything.  It would be nice to have a tutorial walk through of making a small amusement park.  Where I actually make the amusement park from the commands prompted in the game.  From paths, flat rides, objects and roller coasters.  I do not know if anyone has played Little Big Planet, but I really like the tutorials in that game.

I also hope the game is full screen.

These are my first thoughts, but as I tinker I will have more.

I was also wondering on what the timeline is on the phases?  Are we talking weeks, months or years for the second phase, or third phase.  I am not sure what phase we are in right now.

abletudu

• Administrator
Re: rherman226 thoughts on Theme Park Studio
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 11:58:04 PM »
After tinkering for about an hour, on Theme Park Studio.  I have to say I want more.  So far, everything seems confusing.  The more I play with it the easier it will become, just like most simulation type games.

I am hoping in the official release, that the game will run smoother.  I hoping for an undo button, and a redo button.

Like most simulation games there is a very extensive tutorial.  I am hoping this game does as well.  Not from videos on youtube, but from within the game itself.  On how to do everything.  It would be nice to have a tutorial walk through of making a small amusement park.  Where I actually make the amusement park from the commands prompted in the game.  From paths, flat rides, objects and roller coasters.  I do not know if anyone has played Little Big Planet, but I really like the tutorials in that game.

I also hope the game is full screen.

These are my first thoughts, but as I tinker I will have more.

I was also wondering on what the timeline is on the phases?  Are we talking weeks, months or years for the second phase, or third phase.  I am not sure what phase we are in right now.

I think that I can answer a few of your questions.

You have to realize that an Early Access is a work in progress and the development team is working hard to get things ironed out, so things are sure to get smoother provided your computer can handle TPS.

Right now we are in Phase 1 with Phase 2 coming out as soon as humanly possible, of course new things are being added to this phase as problems and suggestions that are reported are either corrected or made possible. That is not to say that all suggestions will make the cut, but Pantera tries to get as much into TPS as possible because they listen to the users (unlike some other companies).

The tutorial that you ask for may come further down the line as we get more into TPS unless someone would like to make one, but I think that right now it may be too soon.

As to TPS being in full screen, in the upper right corner, you have three buttons:
Minimize, Screen Size, & Close. Try the center icon and see if that helps (My edition is in full screen and those work for me).

As far as a specific timeline, in my opinion, I think Pantera is better not announcing a timeline because if something messes it up there will be a negative backlash. As for me, I am glad that they are not rushing so that things can get ironed out properly and I have time to get the feel of things.
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

rherman226

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 12:15:33 PM »
I know it is an early release.

And I personally do care about a timeline.  I would like to know what to expect.  I do not need anything definite.  But I would prefer to know, if phase two will come out in 2014.  Or if the official release will be done before the year 2025.

This is my first early release I have ever bought.  I can wait a couple of years for the game, but after ten years I would be totally disappointed. 

Now your response confuses me, you talk like you are a part of Pantera, but then say "As far as a specific timeline, in my opinion, I think Pantera is better not announcing a timeline because if something messes it up there will be a negative backlash. As for me, I am glad that they are not rushing so that things can get ironed out properly and I have time to get the feel of things."

I did not ask for a specific timeline!

cap396

• Kickstarter Club Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 12:50:28 PM »
You won't have to wait a couple of years for the final release.  It will be much sooner than that, although we don't know exactly how long it will be.

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 04:44:37 PM »
I know it is an early release.

And I personally do care about a timeline.  I would like to know what to expect.  I do not need anything definite.  But I would prefer to know, if phase two will come out in 2014.  Or if the official release will be done before the year 2025.

This is my first early release I have ever bought.  I can wait a couple of years for the game, but after ten years I would be totally disappointed. 

Now your response confuses me, you talk like you are a part of Pantera, but then say "As far as a specific timeline, in my opinion, I think Pantera is better not announcing a timeline because if something messes it up there will be a negative backlash. As for me, I am glad that they are not rushing so that things can get ironed out properly and I have time to get the feel of things."

I did not ask for a specific timeline!

No, I am not a part of Pantera, just a very proud backer and supporter of TPS, and I am sorry if I gave that impression as that was not my intention. I can not say definitely when the final product will be finished, but in my opinion I think it probably will be sometime this year if things get ironed out OK.
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

rherman226

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 05:28:12 PM »
I tried the maximize button at the top right, and it did not go full screen.

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 05:36:29 PM »
In that case, please report it on the mantis hub (see my signature for the link).

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.302 seconds with 21 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip