Author Topic: Adjusting Terraforming speed  (Read 1607 times)

abletudu

• Administrator
Adjusting Terraforming speed
« on: March 03, 2014, 10:24:46 AM »

When you first open your terraforming menu, you will see 4 icons:
1.   Choose the brush and size it to your preference.
2.   Click on the icon indicated by the green arrow. Y
3.   You adjust the speed by clicking where it says step (red arrow).
4.   Adjusting it up increases speed, adjusting it down decreases speed.

Be careful as to the speed you select as a number too high may give you undesired results. My suggestion is start low and gradually increase it until you find one that you are comfortable with.
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

cap396

• Kickstarter Club Member
Re: Adjusting Terraforming speed
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 10:28:17 AM »
That's a great find.  I didn't know about that, and I think it will really come in handy.  Thanks for sharing.

wandrew2010

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 02:47:15 PM »
I'm presuming the current control set / ui is going to be the end (final-ish) advanced control set with an option to use a more simplified version? I was hoping for an easier control set eg like changing the brush size in photoshop it shows example brush tip or some sort of mini visual animation of what your changing.

Also another thing of the buttons / controls are the final ones going to have a bit of colour instead of solid white - I personally would find that a lot easier to get the right button if I could differentiate between them. It would make them less daunting to me anyway.

I haven't had much luck using path creation yet (really struggled)  but what other people have created does look good and I'm sure with time this game will be usable by my 10 year old nephew to the more advanced user to either dive right in or to create more detailed stuff.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 02:50:34 PM by wandrew2010 »

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 02:52:53 PM »
I'm presuming the current control set / ui is going to be the end (final-ish) advanced control set with an option to use a more simplified version? I was hoping for an easier control set eg like changing the brush size in photoshop it shows example brush tip or some sort of mini visual animation of what your changing.

Also another thing of the buttons / controls are the final ones going to have a bit of colour instead of solid white - I personally would find that a lot easier to get the right button if I could differentiate between them. It would make them less daunting to me anyway.

I haven't had much luck using path creation yet (really struggled)  but what other people have created does look good and I'm sure with time this game will be usable by my 10 year old nephew to the more advanced user to either dive right in or to create more detailed stuff.

You could always suggest the brush size control to pantera by using the mantis hub, just choose feature when reporting. See my signature for the link.
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

wandrew2010

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 03:00:32 PM »
I think I'll have to wait to get on a proper pc as that mantis hub doesn't seem to let you create a username on my mobile even if I select force desktop site on chrome mobile. I'm doing s few more 12hour days yet so will have to wait till Saturday until I can get on pc properly  >:( just counting down the days.  ::)

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.306 seconds with 21 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip