Author Topic: Guests AI and Behavior  (Read 44721 times)

Krankin4

• Administrator
  • Proud supporter of TPS
    • RCT3CSOS Custom Objects And More
Guests AI and Behavior
« on: February 28, 2013, 02:37:11 PM »
We started talking a bout peeps and how they act, what the do and how they can annoy us. List what you would like peeps to do and not do.

Do:
Show getting on rides.
Have a generation point so if i put in a parking lot instead of a main gate.

Don't:
Walk through trash cans and benches.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 07:06:07 AM by zanson »

C-A_99

Re: Peeps AI and Behavior
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 03:37:09 PM »
Avoid excessive/unrealistic amounts of nauseous behavior, which was a problem in the RCT series. Although it's best to just not simulate that aspect at all due to its rarity IRL.

IMO, TPS should be more focused on building capabilities than on peeps.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:32:01 PM by C-A_99 »

leatherface

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 04:07:44 PM »
The main thing that irritates me with RCT3 is "waiting for group"... none of that! -__-

Krankin4

• Administrator
  • Proud supporter of TPS
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 05:22:35 PM »
To make it easier for the programmers to get a guideline going post it like I did in the 1st post. State your comments then list your do's and don't style.

3mutts

• TPS Rocks! :)
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 05:59:07 PM »
Do:

Make them ride the rides
Have different styles like RCT3 (don't make them like RCT & RCT2 in which they are the same person but with different cloths)
Make them manage resources better, I don't want parks crashing due to peeps taking up all the RAM and GPU I have
Make them raise hands on rides sometimes

Don't

Make them vomit all the time
Walk through objects
Make them stupid (like in RCT3 when they are sick yet don't go to the first aid machine)
Make them have styles that will go out of date soon

« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 06:05:35 PM by 3mutts »

elisfkc

• Kickstarter Club Member
  • Fan of Ayefour Corporation
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 06:51:56 PM »
Do's:
Control the amount and flow of peeps
Control where and what rides they go on (to see maximum riders per hour, unless that's just a built in statistic given)

Don'ts:
Vomit
Complain
Walk through stuff

I will probably come up with more soon
Past Software Used:
Disney Coaster
SimCoaster (At about ages 5-7)
RCT
NL (Extensive Use of Construction Pack to 3d Print through Autodesk 3ds Max)

C-A_99

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 06:57:49 PM »
So basically, we can sum it up by saying, "keep them simple." Make sure their pathfinding works, but that's about it really. I don't see any real need for superfluous features like peep groups, moods, etc.

Peeps seem to only have a place in TPS for the atmosphere. I'd personally be fine w/o them but it seems like almost everyone else wants them in detail.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:33:40 PM by C-A_99 »

Lonestar

• rct-3.org
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 10:54:17 PM »
Do's:
- create own peeps (style, size, cloth)
- switch peeps on an off during the game

RCT-3.org - besuche die größte deutsche "Coastergaming" Fansite - bereits jetzt mit aktiver TPS Community

Mr. Roller77

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 02:08:46 AM »
Do:  Obey a sign, when it's put up. For instance, I would like to put down a sign that says'EXIT ONLY' on a path leading to my coasters, and not have the peeps still go down that path.

The peeps should look more realistic.

Don't: Make all those goofy YAY sounds, like in RCT3! Sure, they can scream on coasters, and shout, but please, no goofy noises!

RCTeverything

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 02:10:30 PM »
Good topic! :)

Do:
-Peeps ride various rides
-Peeps have a "favourite ride" (not sure why, but I liked this feature in RCT3)
-Peeps use the benches, purchase food when they're hungry...etc
-Peeps could leave the park (ex: to have lunch), then re-enter later in the same day
-Implement season passes, and if a peep had one, it would be displayed on their profile
-This doesn't have to be included but I would love it if there were height restrictions on rides, and if a peep wasn't tall enough then they couldn't ride. If this were to be included, I think height check stations would be neat if implemented (although someone from the community could probably create it), and an "on/off" button would also be great!

Don't:
-Walk through objects like benches, rocks...etc

Even though I did list a bunch of items I would like to see, I'm sure the peeps will turn out great, and I'll be happy if I see one of my suggestions in the game. :)

puppyjonathan

• I'm stuck in the OSTR
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 03:36:31 PM »
Do:
Have them (duh)
Ride
Differentiate looks and personality
Eat (whether or not in actually sit down or have a quick bite on the go, no full steak meals on the go though!)
Drink
Bathroom
Vomit (In trash cans and bathrooms)
Wear Clothes (duh)
Buy Merchandise
Have Money
(guilty pleasure) cheat code to control peep ;D
Don't:
Walk through recently built walls or recently deleted paths (HATED that in RCT3)
Make them all similar
Make them explode out of nowhere
Have them die (realistically)

I know I did not take that seriously at all but it gives a good overview
Big Disney Parks Fan!

Kevin

• Simply Amazing.
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2013, 04:18:55 PM »
Maybe have a mouth that actually opens and closes, rather then just nodding their heads while walking around in a group.

Don't:
Same as the first post, no walking through objects. Including custom content if that's possible.
ThemeParkStudio Moderator - Email: kevinmatz1994@yahoo.com

Dutcher

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2013, 04:40:51 PM »
Do:
Make them flow around the park realistically, so also further into the park. If possible I'd like to see the demograph change based on the rides in the area. So teens will go to intense areas in the park where kids go to the more childish family areas.
Make them adjustable by the community, as in texture, maybe even model if possible
Make them able to eat in a restaurant setting where they order a tray of food and go sit on a nearby table (not literally ON the table, that would be silly).
Let them able to walk on grass fields which are set for picknick terrains. Maybe you could have them lie down, enjoy the sun etc. That'd be nice.

If possible:
The earlier mentioned height issue is a good point. I'd like to expand this a little more: I'd like to be able to make single rider queuelines and/or fastpass queuelines and them to actually use it. I know this is a request which also affects the ride/queuepart. Which makes it's difficult and which is why I placed it here.

I'd love to be able to spawn peeps on paths for a short amount of time. Say I build myself a park and then want to take a couple of pictures with peeps. Normally this would require me to open up the park and wait ages or move the spawnpoint to its location. However, could there be an option where you select an area after which is kinda makes up peeps just for the picture/video (people standing in the queue, walking around, having a snack). If possible also have it's demograph set realistically for the area.

Don't:
Cartoony looks and sounds. Especially sounds have started to annoy me in Rollercoaster Tycoon.
Puke, I'm not interested in it. Unless you allow them being drunk, then it's ok.

Krankin4

• Administrator
  • Proud supporter of TPS
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2013, 02:50:25 AM »
I like the queue line idea Dutcher. Being able to set loading queues. Fastpass queue lines would mean a separate entrance to the ride don't know if that would be possible.

Do:
single path doorways designated entrance or exit.

Don't:
Break stuff!

a-can-o-beans

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2013, 12:28:03 PM »
i feel the peeps in game could make or break the game for me.  but i agree with simplicity. i don't see why people want a fully customizable peep designer. this a THEME PARK SIM!! not the sims. i say jut make them wear different clothes and make sure there are a different number of faces and bodies. having to complex of a peep system could bog down the games performance..

Do:
Have groups.
Vomit(just not as much as it was in rct)
Different demographics. Such as teens, adults, kids.
guests should be able to make a decision of where to eat and sit down and where bathrooms are etc.
guests should ride the rides obviously.
spread out in the park more. always seemed like guests stay in one area.

Don't:
Walk through scenery.
Break benches
"waiting for group"
have a randomized path finding system. rct had that and caused guests to get lost more than help them.

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.241 seconds with 21 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip