Author Topic: Tutorial Request Thread  (Read 6338 times)

Dayradon

Re: Tutorial Request Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 11:35:34 PM »
That isn't a work around;  that's probably what will be the norm for making tunnels and simulated "into the mountain" style attractions.  Before officially releasing an underground building feature, it would officially have to be announced.  Besides, most coasters that use  simulated mountain tunneling like the Matterhorn, E.Everest, or mine rides  to name a few, all go through man made structures.

Well, isn't that kinda cheesy that one of the features they were bragging about was underground building and tunnels etc. but when we have to make the geometry that's not exactly a feature they are providing but a feature they are allowing us to build ourselves.

cap396

• Kickstarter Club Member
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2014, 04:25:11 AM »
I've been following TPS since the beginning and don't remember underground building and tunnels ever being mentioned as a feature.  But I think it would be a nice feature to add later if they have the resources.

Dayradon

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2014, 05:38:46 AM »
I've been following TPS since the beginning and don't remember underground building and tunnels ever being mentioned as a feature.  But I think it would be a nice feature to add later if they have the resources.

Really?  Well taken straight from the Faq:  http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?topic=300.msg4001#msg4001

"Will i be able to make coaster underground?
Yes."

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding it, but it seems pretty clear.  Maybe they had plans for it then, and have redesigned their plans for it?

Further discussions in another thread also leads one to believe that it's been on the table up until Feb 26th

Any word on building or going underground?

As far as I know, right now you can simulate rides going through caves if you build a structure resembling it.

So who knows.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 06:03:33 AM by Dayradon »

cap396

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2014, 06:08:29 AM »
Ah, yes, you're right.  Hopefully this is something that we well see.

schindlj

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2014, 06:26:13 AM »
Sorry I didn't mean for my tutorial suggestion to derail this topic.

Dayradon

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2014, 06:36:03 AM »
Sorry I didn't mean for my tutorial suggestion to derail this topic.

Don't worry about it.  I have so many underground ideas that wouldn't implement nicely in RCT3, I am really looking forward to it's implementation.  Heck if I have the time I might just do the tutorial myself, unless it's very brainless.

DocBrown86

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2014, 02:40:36 PM »
I'm making custom scenery in AutoCad. I know the basics of the software, but could use some suggestions on how people are using it, and instructions on how to take my design from AutoCad and get it into the game.

cjleonard

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2014, 10:30:18 PM »
I agree with all the terraforming suggestions - I don't particularly want to terraform to make hills and mountains and whatnot. I want to be able to build a raised, flat plateau to build on, and be able to angle the sides up to meet it. But I simply can't work out how to do it.

Any suggestions?

VNM - I found out how to do the raising...now just to work out the angled sides :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 10:35:15 PM by cjleonard »

abletudu

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2014, 11:10:15 PM »
You could try the smooth tool.
A Proud Backer Of TPS! If you are having trouble using TPS refer to http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/index.php?board=19.0
To report problems or make suggestions go to https://themeparkstudio.mantishub.com/login_page.php?return=%2Fmy_view_page.php and register for an account.

Paul UK

• Global Moderator
  • Home Park - Chessington & Thorpe Park
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2014, 09:00:07 AM »
Hi everyone,
I've been playing around with Sketchup and made my very first design, how do I export it properly so I can animate it in TPS?

Svatlas

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2014, 02:23:05 PM »
This looks cool prodprod  8) Kept it up!

JCat

• Trackworx
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2014, 09:42:52 PM »
Hey prodprod - that's really cool! Been on the Roll-o-Plane many times -- that was like the gateway ride to the Loop-o-plane which went completely upside down lol. We are all still trying to piece together (literally) how to get everything running from Sketchup. I've been using Max, but I want to also go back and see if I can get stuff running from Sketchup. SU exports scenery great, but we're having animation issues.  Once we figure things out further, one of us will pass it on! Have you seen any of Svatlas' tutorials on Steam? They sure help with the keyframe animation which can definitely work with this type of ride.

davaze

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2014, 11:40:57 PM »
To be honest I think Pantera should jump into this export and import issues. I think they should clear to all of us the correct workflow for export and import from either SU or 3dsmax. It is a bit frustrating that getting things in TPS correctly takes more time then modeling. I will not give up though but why do we need to find out how their import engine works. Everyone is having similar issues. Pantera please take some time to clarify things as it will benefit the games development I think. Thanks.

Paul UK

• Global Moderator
  • Home Park - Chessington & Thorpe Park
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2014, 10:54:54 AM »
Thanks for your great comments guys!
I would have a go with 3DSMax but doesn't it cost about 2K or something silly like that JCat?

Svatlas has been a great help to me both with his videos and chatting on Steam!

Thanks Svatlas!! :o)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 11:06:15 AM by ProdProd »

Juplika

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2014, 08:27:56 AM »
Hey all

I'm wondering if someone could create a video tutorial on how to create Gyro Swing?

I've tried making one but because I've been working on roller coasters I've not had time to learn myself.

Thank you

SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines

Page created in 0.472 seconds with 22 queries.

Analysis © 2010 by, Crip